BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to upgrade my older 2000 3 spoke M steering wheel with the newer 2001+ smaller 3 spoke M steering wheel. I purchased the air bag and steering wheel separately, and the steering wheel arrived today.

I popped the air bag in before attempting to install it, just to make sure it would fit okay, and now I have no idea how to get it out.

Anybody that's uprgaded from the 01+ wheel to the Alacantara CSL wheel must have used their same air bag, so there must be a trick to getting this thing out.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I tried that and nobody has mentioned how to remove the newer style airbag from the newer style steering wheel, including the post you linked.

·
10,455 Posts
While I do understand the frustration that can occur when the same posts come up again and again, I'd rather try to be more constructive with a reply, especially when the desired info isn't in the link provided. :)

At any rate, the X5 guys seem to have done every mod that is possible, so when I doubt, i go to www.x5world.com and there you go, the needed info:

http://www.x5world.com/m_wheel_retrofit.htm

Take some pics of your install and post when you're done! I'd like to do this myself too!
Mike

ycchan said:
Do a search
:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike-

Thanks a million, that was exactly what I needed!! I must say though, it was a PITA to figure out how to push in those two clips, but I finally got it.

When I get my new clutch in and get some time to do this install I will def post some pics of the process.

Amir

1 - 5 of 5 Posts