BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, guys

I finally got around to do the conversion for the headlight. During the installation process, I found out that other than the low beam, I need a new connector for everything else.

Can anyone let me know where I can source a new harness or connectors to complete the conversion? (I already did the search of the forum but didn't find the right info.)

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's really easy, I believe the parts list in on BMWTips as mentioned. You need 4 connectors and 4 wires from Audi (Lots of fun rolling into the Audi dealership in your M5, as they all try to sell you an S4, no thanks!), and some neoprene washers from GM, the part numbers are all there, and then just make the adaptors, very very easy. All done. Good luck!

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
I did this write-up on the board a while back! The webmaster for bmwtips.com liked it so much that he asked about putting it on his website.

Angel eye installation

You'd need to get the Y-splitter wire to power the angel eye lights though. Either that or you could jury-rig one yourself if you're good at that. :D

Good luck and let us know how it goes for you!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks, guys!

I just got back from ordering the connectors and pin w/ wire from the Audi dealer. The total on the invoice for these 8 items was $101.83. :crying: I had them double-checked the part numbers and they were correct. I understand the the original post by NY2OCJeff was back in 2/2001. It has been sometime ago and we have inflations to account for the price hike on things but 3X. Ouch!!!

At any rate, still trying to figure out the connector for the high beams. I also stopped by the local BMW dealer before the Audi and inquired about the connects and I was told I have to replace the entire electrical harness. "Even if only one connector is damage", I said. "Yes", I was told. I thought that was hilarious.

Will keep you guys posted! Thanks again.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
Audi? :confused: Do they sell BMW parts?

·
Registered
204 Posts
No, not that it's bimmer parts, but they sell the connectors that plug perfectly into the hella lights, BMW doesn't sell them. I think I paid about $80, had a grobbel for a discount, guess they're not into selling DIY parts to a BMW guy...

I will check but I thought the hig beams were oem, or maybe you make a plug for them as well.... no one set of 2 is for the signals, and the other for the angel rings...

Best of luck, keep us updated, and I'll send a pic of my set up if you need.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tweaked it abit and got the highbeam connectors hooked up. Now I am just waiting for the parts from Audi.

I would really appreciated if you could sent some pics of your setup.

Archille"@"hotmail.com (Trying to the spamming)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts