BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time to part ways with my M5, wife's orders due to endangered license. The car is titanium siver/black w/ aluminum trim. It has a little over 70K miles; though it only has about 5K miles on engine rebuild and new clutch. The engine rebuild was a result of a faulty diagnosis by my local dealership of a leaking crankcase bypass valve, which lead to BMW North America stepping in and making the dealership clean and rebuild the engine, replace all seals, and replace the catalytic converters and O2 sensors. The car has a fully transferable 120K mile bumper to bumper warranty with $0 deductible, which I purchased when the stock warranty expired about a year ago. The car runs excellent and is in very good condition. Its minor flaws include a couple of small rim scuffs, one small door dink, some stone chips on the front bumper, and a scratch on the front bumper. I am asking $40K OBO due to basically new engine, new clutch, new instrument cluster and 50K miles or 5 years left on the warranty.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
aggiegator said:
It is time to part ways with my M5, wife's orders due to endangered license. The car is titanium siver/black w/ aluminum trim. It has a little over 70K miles; though it only has about 5K miles on engine rebuild and new clutch. The engine rebuild was a result of a faulty diagnosis by my local dealership of a leaking crankcase bypass valve, which lead to BMW North America stepping in and making the dealership clean and rebuild the engine, replace all seals, and replace the catalytic converters and O2 sensors. The car has a fully transferable 120K mile bumper to bumper warranty with $0 deductible, which I purchased when the stock warranty expired about a year ago. The car runs excellent and is in very good condition. Its minor flaws include a couple of small rim scuffs, one small door dink, some stone chips on the front bumper, and a scratch on the front bumper. I am asking $40K OBO due to basically new engine, new clutch, new instrument cluster and 50K miles or 5 years left on the warranty.
What compay is the third party warranty from???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The warranty was purchased through Extended Auto Warranty Corp. (888-225-3081), one of the few I was able to find that covered an M5 and had a good record with the BBB. They have done well thus far; however, they do have the usual restrictions one would expect: no mods to the car, will not replace wear and tear items (tires, brakes etc.), need to keep up with the regular maintenance. If you are looking for a company to cover your BMW, I would recommend them, but you may need to educate your local dealership on how to use the warranty, such as the notification process and payment method. Take care.

Beamer_usa said:
What compay is the third party warranty from???

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
aggiegator said:
The warranty was purchased through Extended Auto Warranty Corp. (888-225-3081), one of the few I was able to find that covered an M5 and had a good record with the BBB. They have done well thus far; however, they do have the usual restrictions one would expect: no mods to the car, will not replace wear and tear items (tires, brakes etc.), need to keep up with the regular maintenance. If you are looking for a company to cover your BMW, I would recommend them, but you may need to educate your local dealership on how to use the warranty, such as the notification process and payment method. Take care.
Thanks for the info.:M5thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts