BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an m6 convertible which bmw quotes 0-62 in 4.6, why do i sometimes hear that it is 0-60 in 4.3? How can 2 mph make such a big difference?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have an m6 convertible which bmw quotes 0-62 in 4.6, why do i sometimes hear that it is 0-60 in 4.3? How can 2 mph make such a big difference?
In some cases, it could be a gear shift but our cars run up to 66mph in 2nd gear (8250rpm shift) so that's not the issue. Are the times in the same test? If not, there are a myriad of conditions that can account for the difference including but not limited to track condition and temperature, ambient temperature and humidity, altitude and barometric pressure. When you have read the results of one test, you have read the results of one test. I hope this helps.

P.S. - Just drive it like you stole it all the time and those pesky road test amount to nothing!! :cheers:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Well I am sure the 0-62 is due to the conversion from 0-100 km to miles, but I don't know who is doing the testing to make it 0-60. At any rate I agree, run it to redline when safe and enjoy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts