BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my ocal dealer has quoted me £611 incl for an inspec II - he will let me supply my own oil, so that will bring the cost down a bit... i was just wandering if prices are much cheaper away from london, if so i will have a short break away and get the car done for the same money!!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Don't forget Mohan that brake pads will be additional and they almost always need replacement by Inspection II.

My car is also due for Insp.II so I'd like to know as well.

I think Stumbo is from the West Country where it's a lot cheaper?! :confused:

·
Registered
616 Posts
mohan said:
my ocal dealer has quoted me £611 incl for an inspec II - he will let me supply my own oil, so that will bring the cost down a bit... i was just wandering if prices are much cheaper away from london, if so i will have a short break away and get the car done for the same money!!
I paid £540 - and they supplied the oil...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ashok Arora said:
Don't forget Mohan that brake pads will be additional and they almost always need replacement by Inspection II.
mate, i got lucky when i brought this car...well, i also kept looking for a long while.... the tyres were barely used, dunlops though... the discs were only half worn, and that was 7000miles ago... and most importantly, the dealer had to change all four pads prior to sale... thank god... so i may not need to spend on consumerables before i sell it on...:flag:

he also changesd the screen, new leather handbrake lever and illuminated gearknob amongst other things...

·
Registered
616 Posts
mohan said:
they who???????????
BMW Scothall... But I probably won't go there next time - as prices are much cheaper down in South England - I mean cheap enough to warrant a day out and trip down there...

·
Registered
49 Posts
OK new to this and the first time I have replied so hello all! Just had mine done in Oxford - Total cost was in the region of 2k with warranty work! - New front discs and pads all round £650, service £600, brake fluid change £50, not cheap but a II is only every 3 years in my case so fun v cost not bad at the moment! I don't think I would go anywhere else but a dealer as mine has had £3k of warranty work in the last 2 years and I want to keep renewing the warranty. Cheers and best of luck as prices don't seem to vary that much.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome aboard.. please try and post more than once every 5 months :haha:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I told my dealer I wouldn't pay more than £480 for my Inspection II (Thursday) - it came to £479.80 :3: That's in Ipswich (60 miles outside London)

Honestly, they have such a huge profit margin on those, you can push them quite far. Also having a nearby dealership in competition (that you're prepared to go to if you *really* piss them off) usually helps.

Thievery, really it is. They accepted the £480 figure (from £620!) so readily (although with the traditional 'get calculator out and punch in meaningless numbers - I'd have been disappointed if they didn't try that one on!) it made me wonder if I could have 'negotiated' more (I love haggling).

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Munky said:
I told my dealer I wouldn't pay more than £480 for my Inspection II (Thursday) - it came to £479.80 :3: That's in Ipswich (60 miles outside London)

Honestly, they have such a huge profit margin on those, you can push them quite far. Also having a nearby dealership in competition (that you're prepared to go to if you *really* piss them off) usually helps.

Thievery, really it is. They accepted the £480 figure (from £620!) so readily (although with the traditional 'get calculator out and punch in meaningless numbers - I'd have been disappointed if they didn't try that one on!) it made me wonder if I could have 'negotiated' more (I love haggling).

Was it these guys?

http://www.lindbmw.co.uk/

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Munky said:

name your price, wow, u got balls... i don't think i'd have ever done that and i'm an indian who haggles with his wife if needed!!!!!!!!! who, and do you mind if i quote your price...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Yes, it was those guys.

Mohan, no problem quoting my price, I got mine through dealing directly with the service manager, I expect it's easier to do that.

As for balls, well, the worst they can do is say no, right? I've always found haggling (you probably don't want to know how much I paid for my 7 series!) with car dealerships particularly satisfying, as you never really see one go out of business, do you.....they've got deep pockets and high profits margins usually, and while I don't like to cast aspertions about the intellect of car salesmen, I would feel completely unclean if I left him with his full commission!

I guess I ought to point out also that I negotiate all contracts at my company - the financial director did for a while but conceded I was 'better at it' - I think I've got a good judge of character - or rather, wallet!

EDIT - just seen the 'haggling with my wife' line! That's the one person I can't haggle with, you win!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts