You will tear them up, that's the point. I used this 3M kit...LOL I did the adjusters as well from the rear. Did you polish the lenses if so what kit did you use? I have the 3M disc but haven't gotten brave because I'm sure I'm gonna tear them up
"You had one chance to get it right Rock! "
Vapor barriers are a pain I did them in my 2003 .. Take it slow the plastic trim tools are a good idea .. I only had to do it once.. I removed the original glue and used RTV-ultra black, painters tape, and duct tape to hold it in place, then removed all the extra tape once the ultra black cured. Seems to have worked no more wet floor.
...in combination with leftover discs I had from this 3M kit.
The discs are the same size but the "by hand" kit includes a 1000 grit wet sanding disc in addition to the others. I used the drill first for each step, then fine tuned it by hand before moving to the next step. The results are not perfect by any means, but they look much better. Used Klasse sealant on both when I was done to protect the new surface. Ideally I'd like to do a projector retrofit and install Euro lenses but that is a pretty low priority for me right now.
I did vapor barriers on an '02 530i I had. Still have plenty of butyl tape leftover from that. Hoping to hear about any tricks people have to prevent the barriers from separating from the butyl tape so quickly (along the bottom where it gets wet). I think it's all about making sure water doesn't get trapped along the bottom edge.