It's about time for an official thread. If you are planning to attend, please register ASAP at the links below. Looking forward to seeing you!
5erWest 2016 -- July 15-17
**2016 REGISTRATION OPEN NOW **
Northwest BMW Club invites you to attend the 7th annual 5erWest Weekend. Always on the 3rd Weekend of July. 5erWest is a celebration of the fine lineage of the BMW 5er.
It is not our intent to exclude any BMW enthusiast from attending 5erWest.
Although 5erWest spotlights the 5 series, it is also a gathering of ALL BMW enthusiasts. We welcome other BMW models to attend and would like to give special encouragement to owners of other vintage Bimmers (and Beemers, too) to show up in force! Special parking may be arranged if possible should demand arise.
This event is $5 for Pre-Registration and $10 the day of the show. We've added a secure Paypal Payment/Donation link for your convenience. Pre-Registering helps us immencely planning for the event so please use the Secure PayPal link to pre-register. It also saves you $5! Thank you.
Friday – 7pm – ??
Northwest BMW Club invites you to a 5erWest Prefunk meet-n-eat. This will be a casual, friendly gathering at a local restaurant where we can get an early start on the weekend. Since some folks are busy on Saturday, we like to give everybody a chance to come hang out with fellow 5er enthusiasts.
10300 SE Washington St Portland, OR 97216
Saturday – 11am – 5pm
– Our 7th Annual 5erWest main event is our “show-n-shine” [/b] Unfortunately, Meldrum Bar Park is under construction in our usual space, so the final details are being worked out on an alternate location for this year. Update to come!
– Parking will begin at 10:00 for those that wish to come early. We will be grouping cars by chassis again, so your patience during this process is appreciated. Vendors are encouraged to arrive early.
– Food and Beverages availability may depend on the location.
– Prize raffle drawing will take place after lunch. Raffle tickets can be purchased for just $1ea and 5erWest attendees can choose to enter to win several of our prizes donated from our wonderful sponsors.
– 5erWest Best of Chassis awards will be presented to the winners after our raffle drawing and after all vote submissions have been counted. One winner from each eligible chassis* will be presented with an official 5erWest 2016 plaque. As a continuing tradition, previous 5erWest winning cars will not be eligible in the interest of fairness among this community.
*Chassis eligibility will be determined by registration.
BEST IN SHOW AWARD
Once again this year, thanks to the generous offer of two of our most loyal supporters, there will be voting and a special award presented to the top, crowd favorite 5er. Chris Kohler won in 2014 with his gorgeous E28 Alpina B7 Turbo. Darin Stephenson won in 2015 with a snazzy 1988 535is.
– The 5erDrive is an organized group drive featuring some of the many great scenic routes in the Pacific Northwest. The 5erDrive is an open event, so you’re welcome to attend even if you could not join us for the Saturday events. The previous couple of years, we have driven a few great two-lane roads in the SE Portland metro area, then around the back side of Mt. Hood into Hood River for a great time at the Full Sail Brewing company. I think we will do that again this year as it's had positive response. From there, you can take either I-84 back to Portland, or cross the bridge to Hwy 14 in WA, both with breathtaking views of the Gorge. Specific route details will be provided at the event.
I'm working on another option for the host hotel to the one on the website. I will update this space (and the website) with those details.
Click here to visit the official 5erWest event site!
We hope to see you there! Make sure you subscribe to this thread for updates as we get closer!
FIND US ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM & TWITTER