BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Interlagos Blue M5 in India - whose is this?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  willm5ad 
#1 ·

:cool:

See less See more
#2 ·
Somebody really really rich since it is about 5 times the regular price. Not to mention the 7 series behind it. Imagine paying 3 to 5 times what the car is worth. And then having no open road due to traffic, public, animals, and pretty much anything on the road to be not able to drive it. But it will get you bragging rights amoung the best of the best in India.

#4 ·
Reaper_e39M5 said:
Do you often have trips down to India? How do find it? Havent been there lately. The cars, wow.. That most be a bollywood star or something, or hmm. Do they earn that much by making their predicted movies :2: ?
Guiness book of world records posted in 2001 that the highest paid actor and actress in the world is Shahrukh Khan(Indian movie actor) and Kajol(Indian movie actress). Now I don't qiote know how they got to that but not only payment is involved, but many get all kinds of gifts from their admirers all over the world. For example this one gentleman gave Shahrukh Khan his really really expensive house to live in in Bombay. Sachin Tandulkar(One of the best Indian Crickter) makes over $10 Million US per year.

#5 ·
That car is actually owned by Rajeev(?) Chandrashekhar who is/was the owner of BPL. He is also the infamous owner of the Ferrari-taxi (575M). It is seen in Bombay as I would guess its the only place in India which would have all the necesary equipment to handle the M5 as BMW has just started to set up its business in India.

You people really have the sterotypical views of India (which to an extent are true). But IMHO apart from bad roads during the rainy season, I quite like the roads out here as there are hardly any restrictions relating to speed and also I would presume that traffic and public would be common in all but the most wierd 'cities'.

#7 ·
Don't wanna act like a spammer, but also the price isn't 3 to 4 times the original. But the tax structure is more like 103% import duty, 8% octroi (if delivered in central Bombay only) and something like 4% registration and 4% Insurance.

And now talks are going on that to become a legal member of the WTO they are considering dropping the duty on imported cars to around 50% or so which would see a huge influx of exotics (although pretty much most of the exotics have arrived) in all cities of India especially Bombay.

#8 · (Edited)
A bit off topic but I thought BPL was always owned by the Nambiar family. I think RC was the Chairman of BPL mobile (phone division) until it was sold to Essar. Ah wait... RC is Namibiar's son-in-law so it's all still in the family. In any case, he's welcome to join M5board (I'll try and send an invite).

Thanks GrimReaper for the info.. another mystery solved :cool:

#9 ·
Ashok Arora said:
A bit off topic but I thought BPL was always owned by the Nambiar family. I think RC was the Chairman of BPL mobile (phone division) until it was sold to Essar. Ah wait... RC is Namibiar's son-in-law so it's all still in the family. In any case, he's welcome to join M5board (I'll try and send an invite).

Thanks GrimReaper for the info.. another mystery solved :cool:
Whoever it is he she get some bugger to clean it. It is a disgrace:crying:
WillM5AD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.