BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

MFest 2008!!! pictures videos update....

22K views 70 replies 36 participants last post by  jattpktalii 
#1 · (Edited)
First and foremost, hats off to all who attended the Mfest 2008 ... although there were some bumps/ boulders:hihi: along the road in getting this event to take off...We would not trade it for anything and believe me there were times that we almost gave up but it is all because of you guys that made us strong and motivated us to do this event...to all those who helped (I will not name names as I might forget one and he'll be pissed:D) in any way shape or form I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart :imnotworthy:...alot of people suggested that I needed to delegate more but since this is the first year it would be hard to do as alot the guys didn't know what to expect or were to really help... (but next year would be different as I will be delegating more as the guys interested on helping out have a clear idea on what we want to accomplish about this event) there were times were I was really stressed out and i do apologize for that :imnotworthy: as i can hardly sit ,rest, eat and my gf got really sick thru out the Mfest:crying: ...as i have said in my speech "this event was made by an enthusiast for the enthusiast" and we would like to keep it that way... the group drives were really "INSANE" i still get goose bumps just thinking about it, there were times we had to slow down to mere minimum were even trucks would pass us:haha: but we kept our cool as we patiently awaited the guys who were lagging behind (unselfish)...The "Camaraderie" was in the air the moment we started Mfest and grew even bigger the time we all saw each other for the first time or for a long time...the best part was when you see all the guys faces smiling and giving each other a thumbs up...We never cared who has the most expensive, fastest or nicest car out there instead we appreciated and respected each and every car that was there at the event as we all know as "enthusiast" how much time and effort (not to mention $$$) that was put on...on these amazing cars, I for one will say this, all the cars there were extremely well thought and as i've said before nothing was left for our imagination...I can only hope that we can make this event grow and be able to bring something fresh every year...to the sponsors I thank you for your trust on making this event happen:imnotworthy:...I am very proud of the young bloods who showed alot of maturity on this event:applause::applause::applause: to the not so young :hihi: thank you for coming out and having a great time with us...We will definitely fine tune this event as we have a very good foundation for this year and hope to see you all next year...Again i thank you all and for those who miss it this year? better be ready for next year as it will be another surprise event...

if it's possible to start posting /transfer all pics in here so we can have an album set...

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Chris, that wouldn't be a problem. I'm sure you probably don't have a clue who I am, but I actually introduced myself to you over at eurotech. You seemed sort of confused when I came up and talked to you and at the same time you were soo busy that you had to take care of stuffs and left in a hurry. Much prop's to you for making this wonderful event happen. And to the rest of the participants and those I met, you guys are awesome!!

I have ton's of picture's but I surely don't want to post one by one. Just send me your email and i'll forward you the pictures if you dont mind. Also when can we expect the DVD of the //M-Fest drive and so forth? I'm definitely buying one. Needless to say, I and a few buddy's of mine will definitely make this a yearly event. This will be the 2nd biggest euro-car show next to bimmerfest for sure. Who know's maybe even bigger in the years to come. Also, if the turn out was already this huge for the first event ever imagine what next year or the year after that would be like? Totally insane.

#3 · (Edited)
I remember you...you had the white M3 which i really admired at the Mfest...thank you for your support:cheers:
DVD is still be work on I am trying to find out if we had enough good shots to make it into a dvd...You can forward pics here Mfest2008@yahoo.com so we can compile them...

#4 ·
I guess we were the first to get a visit from the new M3:1: props to avants4 for taking the pics...

Taken by another participant (one of the best pics)...

#5 ·
Aren't the M3's at dealers as demo cars? Are the demo's only manual or DSG?

#7 · (Edited)
Yes, it's a pretty awesome car:cheers:

THe best part about Mfest is everybody was safe and only one minor ticket...:jump:

#8 · (Edited)
Two P cars (tt and gt3) tried playing the HPF stage 3 M3 (big mistake) great video...:haha2:

I can't wait for the ZO6 video...

20-65 mph roll as they have to obey speed limit:hihi:

#10 · (Edited)
:imnotworthy: guys you don't wanna know how Cosmos navigated SoCal to Vegas let's just say, if it was on a course he would have broken world the record:haha2:...thanks for coming and also being patient with the guys and really taken your time to teach guys at the track...That plate of yours really made my night (when i saw it at the parking lot :D)...:cheers:

#18 ·
Looks like the hungry wolves has arrived!!!:jump:

#17 ·
700 RWH i think or HP but it is still detuned (lowered boost) as it was the first time they have run it and ate the ZO6 it should reach around 1k hp easy...if somebody can post pics of the HPF M3 standing by the of ramp pls post it asap! (it looks like a WOLF waiting for his prey:hihi:)

#19 ·
That's good stuff :applause:

#22 · (Edited)
Teaser aerial shot!

This shot was taken when the cars are regrouping for the the strip...

#23 ·
other teasers as well on some so so artsy shots =P...

correct me if i'm wrong is this yellow fever pickin up his hot chick in the middle of nowhere?

alpine white duo...

mommy and daddy with the kids =P...of course there's always a black sheep in the family...i kid i kid...

other snipets from the valley of fire as well!

#45 ·
other teasers as well on some so so artsy shots =P...

correct me if i'm wrong is this yellow fever pickin up his hot chick in the middle of nowhere?

alpine white duo...
thanks.... for the pic`s bro.... :haha:

#24 ·
More Joe.....thanks!!!!!:applause::applause::applause::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
(any more of the M6?)

#25 · (Edited)

#26 ·
Hey, a Diablo look alike!

Man, that Dinan touring sure looks sweet! :thumbsup:

Too bad the weather was so ****ty....
:cheers:
Dave

#28 ·
great pics and vids guys!

#30 ·
Wow, the paint finish on James Dinan 5 Touring looks incredible. Beautiful ride.

#33 ·
The last time we detailed that car was at Cars and Coffee meet in Irvine last January and it was all wash and dry after that...ZAINO ftw:thumbsup:

#32 · (Edited)
Be ready for next year and all i can say is you better bring your A game as we have to figure out how we can top this event off...lol:D

#35 · (Edited)
Thanks the owner of the Pcars/ Ford GT and the other high powered non BMW's were all a good sport and i have to commend them for that:imnotworthy:, they could have smoked 90% of all the cars that came but they just chilled and went along with the plan...guys like that are always welcome to the Mfest!!! try to make it next year we are thinking of getting the date on a good weather were people across the country don't have to worry about snow or what not...:cheers:

#38 ·
Aloha RoninM5! Thank you for da kind words. PM Laidback regarding Zaino products as he is da only person who i entrust to detailing my car. It was a pleasure to finally meet you at Tao. Hope to see you and your "blue oval" car at the next meet.

cheers,:cheers:
thaichi808(james)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.