Well everyone, here it is..
The used and finally affordable (compared to new) Tubi Style Exhaust you have been waiting to purchase for your E39 M5.
Lets get right to it.
Tubi Style mufflers, X-pipe with resonators, and two hose clamps. What I do know- The X-Pipe is the normal not Rumore, from my understanding it is because of the resonators. What I do not know - If the mufflers are the Rumore versions or not. I was unable to find a visible distinction to determine this. Please share if you have any insight into this.
It was included optionally with my purchase of the car about a year and half ago. I decided to go back to stock because I intend to go a different direction with my beast. In my opinion It is stainless, polished, double-walled, TIG-Welded, auditory goodness! Like butter for your ears! ( I don't even know what that means but is sounds right!)
Well if you looked at my few previous posts, I use to live in Columbus Ohio. I have since relocated to Denver Colorado ( hense the lack of posting, a lot has changed for my family, not that any of you really know me, ha, and Hi nice to meet you). The exhaust is Denver Colorado with me now.
"What sort of condition are is the exhaust in?" you ask….
It is in great condition. As you can see in the photos (scroll down) how dirty it was on the car, and all I did was rinse them off and they shined right up. with a little polish and elbow grease it would be like new. I <3 stainless steel. I put maybe 20K miles on the car exhaust since I purchased it. The PO put maybe 10K miles on the car over 4-5 years and he was the original purchaser/installer of the exhaust… lets put the estimate at about 25K miles on the system. …cool? … good… Moving on.
please! please! I know you are excited, you don't need to throw your money at me all at the same time. Besides, I haven't even told you how much I am selling it for… but before I get to that…
What really is a Tubi Style after cat exhaust:
I am sure 85% of you know all about Tubi Style exhausts. In all my searching across bimmerforums, M5Board, ebay, craigslist, amazon, and authorized resellers.. I was unable to find one system currently for sale, not even Tubi Style ( Tubi Style Exhaust North America
). The most recent for sale ads I found were from last year. I guess everyone who buys this exhaust doesn't like to part with it… maybe I am just an oddball selling mine..
If you don't know about the Tubi Style exhaust I was able to find some information for you in my searching to determine a fair price. (how do you like that, one stop shopping, no need to search. I have included Links, you can thank me later). Again, I am sure you have seen it before and if not here is a refresher. I have no intention of patronizing you by copy and pasting their literature on the exhaust claiming it as my own.
Some Information from Beastpower.com…
- Tubi Exhaust System for the BMW M5 (e39) | BeastPower Motorsports
Top 10 Reasons to Purchase the Tubi Exhaust System for the BMW M5 (e39):
1. The #1 exhaust used on Ferraris.
2. Center Section available (optional)
3. Polished stainless steel (durable and beautiful).
4. Attention to detail in its construction.
5. Exclusivity, with approximately 200 M5s that have the Tubi installed in the US.
6. Double-walled exhaust tips are very unique and look like sculptures when compared to other exhaust tips.
7. Improved throttle response, coupled with horsepower and torque gains.
8. Well-balanced exhaust dB level throughout RPM range, and a unique exhaust sound.
9. No resonance heard in cabin (slight resonance at 2500 RPM with the "Rumore Plus" version).
10. Clamp-on mufflers with clamp-on center section for easy installation (it is recommened that the center section be TIG welded to the cut location, directly after the OEM catalytic converters).
Some information from Goodspeedperformance.com
- GoodSpeed Performance Lab - Tubi Exhaust System
"Stainless steel construction, connects directly to either the stock BMW resonator or the optional Tubi center section. Replaces the stock exhaust mufflers. The surface is polished. The louder version is called "Rumore" and utilizes a different baffle design inside the mufflers, which makes the sound louder. Both "Regular" and "Rumore" versions offer the same unbeatable Tubi qualities. You can also purchase the optional Tubi Center Section when ordering. This will increase the sound level, and is a perfect complement to the Tubi mufflers.
Exhaust gases are unobstructed through the system. This enables increased engine performance while preventing the compromise of excessive engine resonance. An internal lining of Isolmer mineral fiber with a fusion point of 1159 degrees Celsius will not deteriorate. This mineral fiber insulation is held in place with perforated stainless steel, eliminating migration of the minerals throughout the life of the system"
Here are some of the other use Tubi Style after cat exhausts I found for sale. (come cross posting, moderators I will delete if not allowed just let me know).
- FS - Tubi Rumore Exhaust for the E39 M5 - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum
- fs: tubi cans e39 m5
- Tubi Style exhaust for E39 M5 - 6speedonline.com Forums
- Tubi Rumore w/ center piece
- tubi exhaust
- Tubi Exhaust and Center section (regular)
I know that MOST of you know how to search on youtube, I found about 20 some videos of E39 M5s with a Tubi Style Exhaust. However here is a link to a video. Courtesy torquey5 (no affiliation) on youtube.
Here are the iPhone Photos.
Full Gallery is here: Tubi Exhaust E39 M5 For Sale - A Collection of Photos by Patrick Mizenko
__________ Here is your marker for those who just wanted to skip to the bottom for the price __________
Finally, that was a mouth full.
$1,800.00 + Shipping
-Price is + Paypal fees unless paying cash
-Yes, I am willing to ship, Continental US
-Yes, I am open to local pickup as well.
- No, I will not drive to meet you "half way"
- Yes, I only take Paypal or Cash if picked up
- I do not want to split the set up..however, money talks!, make it worth my while.
- Shipping costs, I do not know yet however I will try and find out soon
Thank you in advance for looking and I am looking forward to getting a little more involved in the community again.