Carbonblack E60 vs E39 M5 - Page 3 - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums

Go Back   BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums > General Forums > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum This is the place for mature discussions not necessarily related to cars. This is however also moderated and only registered members are allowed to post. No religion and no vicious attacks.


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2006, 10:12   #21
kees
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: fast lane

Garage: magic moderator wand

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 157
Thanked 616 Times in 267 Posts
Re: Carbonblack E60 and E39 M5

To me the E28 M5 is more desirable than any of them because it's the original and was so much faster than any other sedan in it's day.

But then again the granddaddy of them all was the E12 M535i.

The E34 is great because it's the final handbuilt Motorsport car.

Whereas the E39 earned the name of beast because of the massive torque.

On the other hand the newest version of the M5 is always the fastest and most interesting.


Ah schucks - I love them all.
kees is offline  
Old 2nd January 2006, 10:43   #22
Ashok Arora
Moderator
 
Ashok Arora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: London, England

Garage: photos of cars spotted around London

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 525
Thanked 254 Times in 154 Posts
Re: Carbonblack E60 and E39 M5

Here you can see my Carbon E39 next to my Onyx E60:



I've liked the E60 looks a lot more since owning it but the E39 will always remain a classic
__________________
Ashok
2002 E39 Carbonblack/Caramel M5 (best car I ever owned)
2005 E60 Blue Onyx/Caramel/Light Figured Ash M5 (worst car I ever owned)
2007 E90 Montego Blue/Black Alpina D3 (sublime)
next up.. ??

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...kend-hell.html
Ashok Arora is offline  
Old 2nd January 2006, 11:03   #23
kees
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: fast lane

Garage: magic moderator wand

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 157
Thanked 616 Times in 267 Posts
Re: Carbonblack E60 and E39 M5

You seem very keen on rehashing the same points and pictures over and over again.
kees is offline  
Old 2nd January 2006, 11:13   #24
mokushiroku
Member, Sport: Off DSC: On (>50 posts)
 
mokushiroku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas

Garage: BMW M5

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Carbonblack E60 and E39 M5

THATíS GREAT! You have my exhaust I have never seen it before on another M5. You obviously have taste, maybe my views will change over time and I will get the M6. fficeffice" />

What are those German plates??














Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok Arora
Here you can see my Carbon E39 next to my Onyx E60:



I've liked the E60 looks a lot more since owning it but the E39 will always remain a classic

Last edited by mokushiroku; 2nd January 2006 at 11:56.
mokushiroku is offline  
Old 2nd January 2006, 11:21   #25
mokushiroku
Member, Sport: Off DSC: On (>50 posts)
 
mokushiroku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas

Garage: BMW M5

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Carbonblack E60 and E39 M5

Yeah, I am keen as could be, thanks for the obvious observation. I am just reiterating the truth. People are too beast headed unless you jam it down their throat with proven reviews and facts from about ever car magazine on the planet. I should post the same thing everywhere, because nobody seems to have any clue about what they are talking about.


Hugs and Kisses

Here is my cat drinking beer, I have not posted this yet.




I obviously get good response to my blogs. I spark good debates, some of which you and Gustav don't like. If you read them you can't deny that people agree with me. I can't hide the truth and soften the lines any more then I do. Isn't that what the first amendment is? Oh thats right this a global forum and doesn't follow the democratic parameters used within the largest Military and Economic Country in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kees
You seem very keen on rehashing the same points and pictures over and over again.

Last edited by mokushiroku; 2nd January 2006 at 11:25.
mokushiroku is offline  
Old 2nd January 2006, 11:24   #26
kees
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: fast lane

Garage: magic moderator wand

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 157
Thanked 616 Times in 267 Posts
Re: Carbonblack E60 and E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokushiroku
I am just sick of old men that buy these cars as replacement mid-life crisis cars.
Ashok - just wondering...how old were you again?


Quote:
The more money people have the more tasteless they become. Always having to overcompensate for their latent voluptuous behavior. The car is an extension of the person that drives it. If the person is out of shape and unattractive and old then they do not deserve such a fine automobile.
I think you're overstepping the line by making assumptions on owners (and thus other boardmembers) purely based on their choice of car. Just because someone is older and has a bit more money than you does not allow you to pass judgement on them. Please settle down or you will be asked to leave.
kees is offline  
Old 2nd January 2006, 11:32   #27
mokushiroku
Member, Sport: Off DSC: On (>50 posts)
 
mokushiroku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas

Garage: BMW M5

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Carbonblack E60 and E39 M5

Who's making the assumption? I am 28 and have achieved more in my years then most people twice my age. Would you like a picture of my M5 parked in front of my million dollar house or my other cars. Your welcome to join the Porsche Forum. You are the one to assume that because I didn't buy an E60 M5 then I am of a lesser income bracket. You are wrong! Whatever! I will behave, but I think its funny that I am ussually right about the Car and the Driver. How about I redesign this website in Cold Fusion for you? Older men just hate guys like me because we are smarter, younger and better looking. We are driving cars equal or nicer then what they have. And that pisses them off to no end. That now they are 40 plus and their youth is pissed away.





Quote:
Originally Posted by kees
Ashok - just wondering...how old were you again?




I think you're overstepping the line by making assumptions on owners (and thus other boardmembers) purely based on their choice of car. Just because someone is older and has a bit more money than you does not allow you to pass judgement on them. Please settle down or you will be asked to leave.

Last edited by mokushiroku; 2nd January 2006 at 11:36.
mokushiroku is offline  
Old 2nd January 2006, 11:41   #28
kees
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: fast lane

Garage: magic moderator wand

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 157
Thanked 616 Times in 267 Posts
Re: Carbonblack E60 and E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokushiroku
I obviously get good response to my blogs. I spark good debates, some of which you and Gustav don't like. If you read them you can't deny that people agree with me. I can't hide the truth and soften the lines any more then I do. Isn't that what the first amendment is? Oh thats right this a global forum and doesn't follow the democratic parameters used within the largest Military and Economic Country in the world.
Hmmm - we have lots of interesting members but I certainly don't recall you or any good debates you may have sparked off previously. Some of the points you make are quite valid - but mindless repetition doesn't add to their strength. The fact this is a global forum is not really that relevant - there a few guidelines that we ask boardmembers to adher to retain the positive atmosphere here. This regrettably seems necessary because a few select individuals don't seem to understand the merits of friendly, constructive open-minded discussion.
kees is offline  
Old 2nd January 2006, 11:47   #29
mokushiroku
Member, Sport: Off DSC: On (>50 posts)
 
mokushiroku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas

Garage: BMW M5

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Carbonblack E60 and E39 M5

And I suppose you asked them in the 5 minutes it took to reply to this. I make a valid point and then copy and paste what I have already said that relates to the issue in the blog. It usually correlates to the response given. So I find it time efficient to repeat myself when the issue is similar in nature. Sorry if you don't find it relevant, but those points relate to all 3 blogs and therefore can be seen 3 times as much.




Quote:
Originally Posted by kees
Hmmm - we have lots of interesting members but I certainly don't recall you or any good debates you may have sparked off previously. Some of the points you make are quite valid - but mindless repetition doesn't add to their strength. The fact this is a global forum is not really that relevant - there a few guidelines that we ask boardmembers to adher to retain the positive atmosphere here. This regrettably seems necessary because a few select individuals don't seem to understand the merits of friendly, constructive open-minded discussion.
mokushiroku is offline  
Old 2nd January 2006, 11:59   #30
SoulBladeZA
Member, Sport: On DSC: On (>100 posts)
 
SoulBladeZA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Age: 28

Garage: 2006 E46 M3

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Carbonblack E60 vs E39 M5

I like the new E60 M5. Oh, wait, *looks at garage*, yep I seem to like it, I just drove 200km in it

Does that make me an uninformed, hateful, old man? I'm younger than you sir, yet share none of the same arrogance that seems to be associated with the youth of today. The E39 M5 still looks good when I see it, but I'm sorry, SUBJECTIVELY, the new E60 M5 blows it away in every regard.

Please stop hammering us with your subjective opinions. There is no way to PROVE that car A is better than car B based on subjective subjects like styling. If you want to talk performance facts I'm afraid I've got you cornered there too, as the E60 M5 outdoes the E39 M5 in every area by atleast 25%, as it should be. I'd expect no less of the 2012 model M5.

That is all.
__________________
2006 E46 M3

Last edited by SoulBladeZA; 2nd January 2006 at 12:01.
SoulBladeZA is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iain Banks drives the E60 & E39 M5s - Top Gear magazine (09/2005) Ashok Arora E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 50 3rd September 2006 09:17
Wow! Just had a blast driving a E60 M5 and E55 AMG! ATLANTA M5 E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 36 4th May 2006 06:15
E39 M5 to the E60 M5, any difference? GussM5 E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 3 5th October 2005 10:46
E60 530i SMG CSBM5 E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 16 6th May 2004 18:50

Loading...

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:18.



Everything Copyright 2000-2008. Do not use ANYTHING from this site without written permission. All images, graphics, sound files, video files and text appearing on this web site are the exclusive property of m5board.com and are protected under international copyright laws. All images, graphics, sound files, video files and text on this site are for on-screen and on-site viewing and listening only. No part of this web site may be reproduced, copied, saved, stored, manipulated, or used in any form for personal or commercial purposes without the prior written permission of m5board.com. Use of any image or graphic as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration is a violation of the copyright. Any copyright infringement will be prosecuted to the full extent of federal and international copyright laws. M5board.com is an enthusiast board and we don't condone any dangerous activity. Our airfield events are completely safe based on years of experience, we conduct them during clear visibility with mature participants that have several years of experience with high-performance automobiles, large unobstructed run-off zones on sealed off private former military airbases and we clearly mark the braking zones. If inexperienced with high speed driving we do not recommend organizing your own event but attending a high-performance driving school. The use of the term "BMW" on this site is for reference only, and does not imply any connection between m5board.com and BMW AG or BMW North America.