Abid, allow me to congratulate you on the newly released mod. Nicely done!
I've went through the dyno testing and the related discussion. It definitely looks promising. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've understood, those who already have removed the CF, the net results will be approx. 12 whp & 15 rwt. Right? Nevertheless, prior to rushing into my decision, I'd appreciate your kind feedback in answering a couple of my questions:
I look forward for your kind gesture. Thanks in advance.
- Just to clarify, I already have the RPI Scoops, BMC Filters & Block Off plates. Is there any way we can keep all the three items together with the CAI or is it a must to remove them all?
- I'm about to install the Vorsteiner CF Hood, will that in any way be a problem if it rains? The CAI look like they are properly sealed.
- Would you deduct from the actual group price if we intend to send you the stock intakes? If yes, how much?
- I know you haven't experienced any warning errors after the installation of the CAI. However, in Riyadh, temperatures go up to 60 degrees. Would extreme heat have any negative impact after the CAI installation?
- You've stated that "ASR CAI will produce even further gains with an ECU flash". This is not a general question, however just would like to know if specifically a "AA ECU Software" would need to be reprogrammed after CAI installation?
- Is the engine CF strut bar part of the group buy? If not how much are you selling it for?
- How much time would the CAI installation require?
Our CAI produces an additional peak 20whp & 26wtq @ 4000 rpm over a stock airbox with charcoal filters already removed. Overall max gains are 12whp and 15wtq, also compared to a stock airbox with charcoal filters already removed.
1. Unfortunately, the scoops, bmc filter, and block off plates will not work with our system.
2. The Vorsteiner CF hood will not have any issues with our CAI.
3. We will not give credits for stock intakes since they are of no use to us.
4. No extreme heat will not have any negative affect on our CAI. On the contrary it will decrease heat better than if you had a stock airbox.
5. As we stated in a previous post, you will not require a software reflash to reproduce the gains documented with our CAI.
6. The strut brace is not part of the kit. We will have our own strut brace available very soon though. Not quite sure what brand this one is since this is a customer's car.
7. Installation will require removing the front bumper and jacking the front end of the car up. It does not require a lift to do the install. Overall time for an experienced installer is 2 hrs. It usually takes us about 1-1.5 hrs to install.
Hope that helps answer your questions!