1st June 2007, 22:55
Member, Sport: On DSC: On (>100 posts)
Join Date: Aug 2006
M3 - Silver
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jerbro
Which circuit do you want us to tap into? According to the instruction manual, you've identified the color of the wires we should tap, but which circuits are those?
- How much current do these lights/inverter draw when on?
- How much current do these lights/inverter draw when off? (is there a constant draw we should know about?)
- How much heat do the lights generate?
- How much heat does the inverter generate? (I don't want anything melting in my dash)
- I assume these lights are off when the doors are shut?
- Do they turn on instantly? - or do they fade in?
- I see that the ///M5 model has three horizontal bars while the BMW Individual has two horizontal bars. Do all the others have three bars or two? (and specifically, does the ///M have three?)
Thanks for answering each of the above questions!
2) Zero (they are on the entry light circuit)
3) Zero (chemical reaction produces light, no heat)
6) Depends on how you have your interior lighting set up - if theatre, they fade on. If you have theatre lighting disabled, they come on instantly. Dealer programs this option.
7) BMW Individual and BMW have 2 bars, all others have 3.
Last edited by YYZ-M3; 1st June 2007 at 23:50.