Originally Posted by Gumball TV
Hello Gumballers and Gumball fans!
This year's documentary is being made by Zig Zag Productions for the Extreme Channel and we would like to include some of your footage in the show. If you filmed any part of the rally, whether it be in London, Vienna or Monaco this is your chance to have your footage aired alongside the likes of PC Alex Roy and the pranksters ant and pete.
As well as the cameras we had covering the event we want to see what its like for the people on the bridges and in the crowds, how they felt to see the rally, if you saw the Gumball Movie (US) you'll remember a group of lads who managed to keep up with the Donut King in his Porsche for a while exchanging a few words. We would like to see some of that, anything that shows your passion for the gumball rally.
Every tape we receive we will return throwing in a pack of Top Trumps, and you could end up seeing your stuff on the Extreme Channel this summer.
This is also a call to the Gumballers who filmed the rally, we're already waiting in anticipation for ant and pete's rushes and Alex Roy's but any other drivers who filmed we would also like your rushes too. One car which we really want to feature is the CLK DTM, I understand you have filmed alot of the rally incar so if we could organise getting hold of your stuff that would be great. Please call me to arrange this. Our prefered format is DV, and all tapes that are sent to us will be returned as soon as possible.
If you have any questions please email me.. firstname.lastname@example.org
or send your tapes to..
Zig Zag Productions
13 - 14 Great Sutton Street
Thanks for your help and I look forward to seeing you stuff,
All the best
Gumball 3000 / Extreme Channel
0044 207 017 8755
45 hours of video has beeen transferred successfully. Viewing and labeling of best action sequences will begin today, and tapes will be shipped to you on Monday with markups.
Having scanned the footage last night, here's a preview of the stuff coming from Team Polizei:
1) Cruising in Czech at 145mph, then nearly running over a police officer standing in the passing lane of the highway trying to pull us over....
2) 4+ hours of using sirens and lights to cut a new third lane down the center of a two lane road, and passing cops on the way..
3) Arriving 1st into Vienna after the Austrian Border Police have advised us of the location of Laser Units on the roadside.
4) Arriving 1st into Rome after a 2 hour battle with Spencer Bourne in the Blue 996TT X50.
5) Accidentally flashing a Rome ambulance trying to drop off a disabled person, and having the disabled person apologize to us.
6) Driving the wrong way up a one way street in Rome, and passing a police station.
7) Accidentally pulling over a Croatian ambulance on its way to the hospital, then using it for cover and escorting it through a traffic jam at 90mph.
8) Convincing the Florence Polizia to lead us to the nearest gas station and then the autostrada, then being led through traffic by the Polizia Alfa 146 Estate at 100mph with theirs and our sirens and lights, and nearly losing control of the Polizei M5 trying to keep up...
9) Starting in last place from Bari, and passing over 85 cars in three hours, including the F40, the Enzo, and another $5M in hardware....
And there's much, much more...
2000 BMW M5 "Polizei"
Dinan Stage 1 Software
Kelleners Sport Exhaust
V1 Radar/Laser Detector/Remote Display
Bel 990 Internation Radar Detector
Brembo GT Brake Kit
Uniden BC796D Scanner
Uniden PRO520XL CB Radio
Escort ZR3 Laser Jammer
SpecterGuard Anti-Camera Plate Covers
Garmin 2650 GPS
Kelleners Short Throw Shift Kit
Sho-Me Strobe Kit (White)
Sho-Me LED Alert Flashers (Red/Green/Blue/Yellow)