Member, Sport: On DSC: On (>100 posts)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
I agree with Dave. I bought it and I think it is completely awesome. You will need to tweak the settings to get the best out of it but that is true of the HK Logic 7 base system too.
These were my observations:
1) Wow sound experience like being in a sound studio. The sound system is vastly superior on the more contemporary music. It is superb with jazz and dance-pop music, as well as with broadway type sound tracks. It is really good at sound staging in the Studio mode.
2) The bass response is fantastic at all volumes. This is the first thing that strikes you. You find bass in some songs you didn't even know about. Quite impressive. It is perfect.
3) The vocals are very crisp and clear. Christina Aguilera and Dido sound absolutely amazing. Also Ewan McGregor's vocals from Moulin Rouge were just ridiculous. It was like he was in the car with me.
4) Guitar is superb. On Roy Orbison's You Got It the detail was just incredible - you can hear his fingers running down the guitar strings. Absolutely amazing. Springsteen and Santana also played impressively.
5) Brass and percussion are also excellent. If you like jazz, you will LOVE this system. It was made for jazz.
6) You can tell the difference between songs encoded lossless and songs encoded at 160kbps. It is a striking difference which tells me that you need good quality music to get the most out of this. I played Dancing in the Dark in both 160kbps and Lossless since I had both files on my iPhone on different albums. At 160kbps the B&O didn't sound that impressive. In fact I think low quality music may sound worse on this system.
7) Aesthetics are very nice. The aluminum speaker grilles exude quality.
2013 ///M5 Individual Monte Carlo Blue, Platinum Full Individual Merino, Platinum Alcantara, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" wheels