22nd March 2007, 14:06
M5 Expert (>4000)
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Not only criminals have guns
Honda VTAK Yo!
Thanked 398 Times in 215 Posts
- First eight cylinder engine for the sports car BMW M3.
- Enormous Leistungspotenzial with 309 kW/420 HP from 4,0 litres capacity.
- Maximum torque of 400 Newtonmeters with 3 900/min-1. 85 per cent of the maximum torque over number of revolutions width of 6,500 min-1 callably.
- Singular thrust by consistent conversion of the M of high speed concept, maximum engine speed: 8,300 min-1.
- Consistent lightweight construction with engine and Nebenaggregaten, new V8-Motor belongs to the lightest eight-cylinders of the world, weight smaller than with the row six cylinder number of the predecessor model.
- Variable cam shaft control, low pressure double VANOS for optimal gas exchange, full efficiency of the system already with normal engine oil pressure.
- Eight single butterfly valves for spontaneous responsing mode of the engine.
- Secure oiling system up to 1,4 g along and transverse acceleration by two oil pumps and dynamic-optimized wet sump oil lubrication.
- Exhaust system optimizes gas exchanges, weight and function-optimizes by interior high pressure reforming procedure, waste gas emissions fulfills EU4-und LEV 2-Normen.
- Improved engine expensive equipment MSS60 coordinates optimally all engine functions with the different vehicle tax devices.
- Ion current technology recognizes and/or differentiates engine knocking as well as igniting and burn misfire by ion current measurement with respect to the combustion chamber.
- Brake Energy regeneration with intelligent generator regulation.
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari