Update: Tried my new Drift HD170 video camera today and here are my reviews.
- Picture quality is excellent. And it shoots at 1080p for really good HD quality.
- I like the built in LCD monitor. I can aim it properly before driving off.
- I love the remote control. I can start and stop the video while driving.
- Small and lightweight.
- Very easy to use. Pretty much a no brainer.
- Built in microphone is weak and captures a lot of wind noise so I ordered the external higher quality microphone.
That's about it for the cons.
Another money well spent.
I will be taking this me when we go to Sevilla for the M5 drive.
I also ordered 16 GB higher capacity SD card for more memory capacity.
Also ordered the Rear Silicone Cover to cap the rear connection to the microphone.
You will need to order a suction cup mount.
I bought mine from Amazon. It is made by Panasonic / Panavision and it is super heavy duty. Se photos below.
Here are some photos and below is a short 3 minute video. Make sure you watch the video in 720p HD mode.
M6 Drift HD170 Video - YouTube