how does Eisenmann Race vs Meisterschaft race compare? - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums

Go Back   BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums > BMW M5, M5 Touring, M6 and Z8 Forums > E63 BMW M6 Forum and BMW M6 Convertible | m6board.com

E63 BMW M6 Forum and BMW M6 Convertible | m6board.com 2005- Advertiser's Forum.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30th March 2011, 02:05   #1
mariokart
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ventura

Garage: M6

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
how does Eisenmann Race vs Meisterschaft race compare?

I have the Meisterschaft race version (not sure of the exact name) and I love the sound 90% of the time but sometimes I wish I could make it stock for a few minutes. I'm curious if the Eisenmann Race and Meistershaft "race" sound identical or different? If they are different, how do they sound different?
Thanks
Mario
Attached Images
 

Last edited by mariokart; 30th March 2011 at 02:06.
mariokart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1st April 2011, 08:20   #2
FStop7
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Place
Age: 92

Garage: Car

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 42
Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts
I think they're about equally loud.

The difference is the Eisenmann is made in Germany and the Meister is an Eisenmann knockoff made in Korea.
FStop7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2nd April 2011, 17:22   #3
M6Cabrio
M5 Guru (>2000 posts)
 
M6Cabrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Krypton

Garage: 2010 Alpine White M6

Sales Feedback: (1)

Thanks: 302
Thanked 368 Times in 251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I think they're about equally loud.

The difference is the Eisenmann is made in Germany and the Meister is an Eisenmann knockoff made in Korea.
I have had my Meisterschaft for 3 years (on my 2001 and my 2010) and no problems with it. It is less expensive than the Eisenmann, and in my opinion sounds better since I have heard both in person. Also there is no lack of build quality. If you can find the Meisterschaft cheap like I did ($1500)...there is no reason not to get it. If you were to pay full retail...I would go to RPI just for the power increase
__________________
Last Produced V10 E64 M6 in the World -- Delivered August 14, 2010
M6Cabrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2nd April 2011, 20:02   #4
jcheun4
Member, Sport: On DSC: On (>100 posts)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Garage: 07 M6 Cabriolet Silver Gray

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
I've got the meisterschaft gt2, and it's brilliant! after the 1 week or so "burn in" period, it sounds intoxicating!

It still BAFFLES me that people are still calling the Mesiterschaft a "knock" off just because of a few uninformed people's ranting and posting back in 2008.
Just because a few individuals blogged about it, now it seems that everyone latches on to their slandering.

It's made in Korea, and therefore fake? What makes it fake? Over half the stuff in our cars, homes, and basically everything in our lives is made in China, India, or other countries. Does that mean everything we have is "fake" because 1 part was made in China?

Two identical M6's: one had a mesiter and the other eisenmann. Is one superior to the other? Maybe in some people's mind I guess.
I've read all the negative posts about gthaus and meisterschaft, but still decided to go w/ meisterschaft. The thing that well all know about the internet is that anyone can post nonsense if they want. It's up to individuals to figure out was is garbage and what isn't.
After having GTHaus help install my exhaust, I had a chance to sit down w/ the owner and chat with him extensively. Long story short, the individuals who started all the slandering posts screaming "fake" back in 2008 had ulterior business motives, and there is potential legal action against them (whole box of litigation papers!). They were the same few individuals posting, but w/ different screen names. It was all traced back the same few IP addresses. (note: I am not stating who or names)

I commend GTHaus for not entering in this back and forth bantering on blogs trying to defend themselves and instead let their product speak for themselves (and legal action).
Clean, solid, and consistent welding w/ their exhaust, beautiful design w/ the tips and split. heck, the Mesiterscahft exhaust doesn't even look remotely close to an Eisenmann!

I chose the mesiterschaft b/c of the higher pitch scream under heavy load. It's my understanding that the meisterscahft has a higher tone under acceleration than the eisenmann. In the beginning, you may think both are loud (compared to stock), and after 1-2weeks, you'll find that it quiets down a bit, and normal driving isn't that abnoxious (WOT is a whole different game). I drove behind my m6 once in my wife's g37 coupe, and it sounds and looks awesome!!! from another driver's viewpoint, the sound is not abnoxiously loud (under normal driving).

I know there aren't any dyno numbers either for the exhaust. Honestly, I was expecting to loose a little low end torque w/ just changing the muffler. but I was willing to sacrifice that for a beautiful sound. I really didn't notice a difference under WOT (hard to tell obviously), but in 1st gear and 7th gear under mild acceleration, it actually felt a bit faster!! Did it actually free up hp (not add, but free)?, or is it the weight saving??? either way, I'm extremely happy it it!

My setup is the same as M6Cabrio - res delete only, but stock cats. If you get the mid section, i think it'll be extremely loud!!

Here's my thread about my impressions:
Meisterschaft GT2 installed by GTHaus - My impression w/ both

Last edited by jcheun4; 2nd April 2011 at 20:06.
jcheun4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2nd April 2011, 23:07   #5
farris
Member, Sport: Off DSC: On (>50 posts)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London

Garage: Ferrari F430

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcheun4 View Post
I've got the meisterschaft gt2, and it's brilliant! after the 1 week or so "burn in" period, it sounds intoxicating!

It still BAFFLES me that people are still calling the Mesiterschaft a "knock" off just because of a few uninformed people's ranting and posting back in 2008.
Just because a few individuals blogged about it, now it seems that everyone latches on to their slandering.

It's made in Korea, and therefore fake? What makes it fake? Over half the stuff in our cars, homes, and basically everything in our lives is made in China, India, or other countries. Does that mean everything we have is "fake" because 1 part was made in China?

Two identical M6's: one had a mesiter and the other eisenmann. Is one superior to the other? Maybe in some people's mind I guess.
I've read all the negative posts about gthaus and meisterschaft, but still decided to go w/ meisterschaft. The thing that well all know about the internet is that anyone can post nonsense if they want. It's up to individuals to figure out was is garbage and what isn't.
After having GTHaus help install my exhaust, I had a chance to sit down w/ the owner and chat with him extensively. Long story short, the individuals who started all the slandering posts screaming "fake" back in 2008 had ulterior business motives, and there is potential legal action against them (whole box of litigation papers!). They were the same few individuals posting, but w/ different screen names. It was all traced back the same few IP addresses. (note: I am not stating who or names)

I commend GTHaus for not entering in this back and forth bantering on blogs trying to defend themselves and instead let their product speak for themselves (and legal action).
Clean, solid, and consistent welding w/ their exhaust, beautiful design w/ the tips and split. heck, the Mesiterscahft exhaust doesn't even look remotely close to an Eisenmann!

I chose the mesiterschaft b/c of the higher pitch scream under heavy load. It's my understanding that the meisterscahft has a higher tone under acceleration than the eisenmann. In the beginning, you may think both are loud (compared to stock), and after 1-2weeks, you'll find that it quiets down a bit, and normal driving isn't that abnoxious (WOT is a whole different game). I drove behind my m6 once in my wife's g37 coupe, and it sounds and looks awesome!!! from another driver's viewpoint, the sound is not abnoxiously loud (under normal driving).

I know there aren't any dyno numbers either for the exhaust. Honestly, I was expecting to loose a little low end torque w/ just changing the muffler. but I was willing to sacrifice that for a beautiful sound. I really didn't notice a difference under WOT (hard to tell obviously), but in 1st gear and 7th gear under mild acceleration, it actually felt a bit faster!! Did it actually free up hp (not add, but free)?, or is it the weight saving??? either way, I'm extremely happy it it!

My setup is the same as M6Cabrio - res delete only, but stock cats. If you get the mid section, i think it'll be extremely loud!!

Here's my thread about my impressions:
Meisterschaft GT2 installed by GTHaus - My impression w/ both

Can you please point me in the direction of where to get the best deal on the meisterschaft.

Thanks
farris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3rd April 2011, 21:21   #6
jcheun4
Member, Sport: On DSC: On (>100 posts)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Garage: 07 M6 Cabriolet Silver Gray

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
I tried searching around for a used one, but ended up springing for a new one.. I just really love the oval tips w/ the split.

Vividracing gave a pretty good deal.
jcheun4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3rd April 2011, 22:47   #7
farris
Member, Sport: Off DSC: On (>50 posts)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London

Garage: Ferrari F430

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcheun4 View Post
I tried searching around for a used one, but ended up springing for a new one.. I just really love the oval tips w/ the split.

Vividracing gave a pretty good deal.
Can you please send me a pm with best price vivid racing gave you.
farris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4th April 2011, 23:52   #8
Nate@IND
Fellow Member (>400)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago

Garage: 335i

Sales Feedback: (0)

Thanks: 13
Thanked 91 Times in 50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcheun4 View Post
I've got the meisterschaft gt2, and it's brilliant! after the 1 week or so "burn in" period, it sounds intoxicating!

It still BAFFLES me that people are still calling the Mesiterschaft a "knock" off just because of a few uninformed people's ranting and posting back in 2008.
Just because a few individuals blogged about it, now it seems that everyone latches on to their slandering.

It's made in Korea, and therefore fake? What makes it fake? Over half the stuff in our cars, homes, and basically everything in our lives is made in China, India, or other countries. Does that mean everything we have is "fake" because 1 part was made in China?

Two identical M6's: one had a mesiter and the other eisenmann. Is one superior to the other? Maybe in some people's mind I guess.
I've read all the negative posts about gthaus and meisterschaft, but still decided to go w/ meisterschaft. The thing that well all know about the internet is that anyone can post nonsense if they want. It's up to individuals to figure out was is garbage and what isn't.
After having GTHaus help install my exhaust, I had a chance to sit down w/ the owner and chat with him extensively. Long story short, the individuals who started all the slandering posts screaming "fake" back in 2008 had ulterior business motives, and there is potential legal action against them (whole box of litigation papers!). They were the same few individuals posting, but w/ different screen names. It was all traced back the same few IP addresses. (note: I am not stating who or names)

I commend GTHaus for not entering in this back and forth bantering on blogs trying to defend themselves and instead let their product speak for themselves (and legal action).
Clean, solid, and consistent welding w/ their exhaust, beautiful design w/ the tips and split. heck, the Mesiterscahft exhaust doesn't even look remotely close to an Eisenmann!

I chose the mesiterschaft b/c of the higher pitch scream under heavy load. It's my understanding that the meisterscahft has a higher tone under acceleration than the eisenmann. In the beginning, you may think both are loud (compared to stock), and after 1-2weeks, you'll find that it quiets down a bit, and normal driving isn't that abnoxious (WOT is a whole different game). I drove behind my m6 once in my wife's g37 coupe, and it sounds and looks awesome!!! from another driver's viewpoint, the sound is not abnoxiously loud (under normal driving).

I know there aren't any dyno numbers either for the exhaust. Honestly, I was expecting to loose a little low end torque w/ just changing the muffler. but I was willing to sacrifice that for a beautiful sound. I really didn't notice a difference under WOT (hard to tell obviously), but in 1st gear and 7th gear under mild acceleration, it actually felt a bit faster!! Did it actually free up hp (not add, but free)?, or is it the weight saving??? either way, I'm extremely happy it it!

My setup is the same as M6Cabrio - res delete only, but stock cats. If you get the mid section, i think it'll be extremely loud!!

Here's my thread about my impressions:
Meisterschaft GT2 installed by GTHaus - My impression w/ both
Sounds like you need to stop by here and hear the real story. Just have a look at this link-
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/par...rbon-tips.html why is there an Eisenmann logo on the meisterschaft system that is made in Korea? What R&D even goes into the meister product?

Feel free to check out the full Eisenmann tour here-
http://www.bmwblog.com/2008/12/19/ind-distribution-visiting-eisenmann-facility/

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/12/19/some-things-are-not-outsourceable/
Nate@IND is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Loading...

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:48.



Everything Copyright 2000-2008. Do not use ANYTHING from this site without written permission. All images, graphics, sound files, video files and text appearing on this web site are the exclusive property of m5board.com and are protected under international copyright laws. All images, graphics, sound files, video files and text on this site are for on-screen and on-site viewing and listening only. No part of this web site may be reproduced, copied, saved, stored, manipulated, or used in any form for personal or commercial purposes without the prior written permission of m5board.com. Use of any image or graphic as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration is a violation of the copyright. Any copyright infringement will be prosecuted to the full extent of federal and international copyright laws. M5board.com is an enthusiast board and we don't condone any dangerous activity. Our airfield events are completely safe based on years of experience, we conduct them during clear visibility with mature participants that have several years of experience with high-performance automobiles, large unobstructed run-off zones on sealed off private former military airbases and we clearly mark the braking zones. If inexperienced with high speed driving we do not recommend organizing your own event but attending a high-performance driving school. The use of the term "BMW" on this site is for reference only, and does not imply any connection between m5board.com and BMW AG or BMW North America.