Join Date: Jun 2001
Thanked 127 Times in 89 Posts
E60/E39/Maserati Sunday Sprint and Exhaust Update
A fine Sunday afternoon called for a spirited drive. Jason (JCrist) brought his highly modified and very fast e39 M5 from Lynchburg, Robert (Rodman31) came with his Silverstone e60 from northern Virginia, Tony (rvam5) left his e39 at home and instead brought his Maserati Coupe. Ahh, decisions, decisions. I joined with my silver grey e60 with the recently installed Supersprint Race.
Interesting videos should be forthcoming courtesy of Robert. Believe me, they should be well worth the wait. For now, content yourselves with these photos.
A few observations:
(1) The chicks dig the Maserati. More than once did someone approach us and ask about Tony's car. The Oldsmobuicks accompanying it apparently failed to stir the onlookers' loins.
(2) Silverstone is a terrific color. It is much more than just a silver. Some of the photos should help those trying to decide between silverstone and silver grey.
(3) Aftermarket exhausts are plain fun. Jason's Tubi is a perfect complement to his aggressive e39. The Tubi on Tony's Maserati makes epic sounds. I continue to be very, very pleased with the Supersprint Race.
(4) These cars are meant to be driven. We swallowed straights, glided through corners, and put dotted yellow lines to good use. It was remarkable how often four cars were able to make safe passes together on a largely winding two-lane. If you have not participated in a drive with friends with similar interests, do it soon.
(5) Jason is an absolute badass as a caravan leader (see photo of HUD display with Jason's car visible in the lead), thanks to various countermeasures and oversized cohones.
Thanks, guys. I look forward to the next one, and eagerly await Robert's videos.
2006 M5 Silver Gray/Silverstone/Madeira Walnut
Dinan Stage 2 Suspension System
Supersprint Race exhaust with X-pipe
1998 M3 Coupe Technoviolet #315 IP/GTS3
JRZ RS, Bimmerworld cage, Racetech halo seat, GC sway bars, control arms, AA headers and 3" race exhaust (loud and proud), etc., etc., etc. . . .
Last edited by MRichmond; 11th September 2006 at 06:09 AM.