For those who can identify ALL of the shown engine parts.......
First of all, Gustav, those are fantasic pictures!
Can someone who is familiar will ALL of the photos make a list with the names of the shown parts, in order with the photo number sequence. Obviously, there are some photos that are clearly identifiable but as a non-technical person, there are several PICS that I had no idea what I was looking at, so I'd like to know exactly what it is, Im seeing, when viewing Gustav's E60 M5 engine PICS.
Thank you very much. Beautiful photos!
Re: For those who can identify ALL of the shown engine parts.......
1. Overview picture left front
2. Overview picture front
3. Overview picture right rear
4. Emblem on plenum cover
5. Overview picture front without plenum cover
6. Closeup of intake trumpets
7. Cilinderhead with intake trumpets and exhaust manifold
8. Closeup of camshafts and valvetrain
9. Closeup of Vanos control unit/drive by wire throttle control (?)
10. Closeup of camshafts
11. Waterpump impeller and pulley assembly (thx to aaronsdropzone)
12. Closeup of crankshaft
13. Closeup of crankshaft
14. Closeup of hydraulic lifter (thx to aaronsdropzone)
15. Closeup of sparkplug and wiring
16. Closeup of engineblock without cilinderhead
17. Closeup of ECU
18. Closeup of Vanos system
19. Closeup of oilpump and engine carterpan
20. Cut-through of cilinder head
21. Closeup of exhaust headers
22. Closeup of cilinderhead
23. Cut-through of cilinderhead
24. Exhaust system
25. Closeup of cilinderhead
26. Closeup of cilinderhead
27. Front of engine
28. Engine assembly
29. Cilinderhead assembly
30. Exploded view of engine
[b]2006 M5 Sapphire Black,Indi red, HUD, rear bags, fold seats, comfort access, BBS RG-Rs 9" f 10"r,275/35 -295/35, Dinan front & rear roll control 84K Miles, still getting 1200 miles per liter TWS
2002 Silver 745 iL
2003 Silver 325XiT
2003 Black Infiniti G35 Coupe
2005 BMW K12S(<8min N'ring)
Vintage Triumph m/c's(110 rwhp/liter -w/pushrods)