Member, Sport: Off DSC: On (>50 posts)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
After a particularly 'spirited' launch I just found that the radials are showing through and car sits until it gets new shoes...which will drive you nuts. PSA: A spirited DSC off/S6/P500S launch with severely-worn tires (trying to impress women of course) may squirrel you into the next lane and all the cars coming both ways will slow down to see what the he_ _ you're doing (and the women will be pi_ _ ed).
1. Has anyone noticed increased ride harshness (can it get any harsher?!) with the Hankook Ventus Evo V12; Tire Rack says the following when you try to order the 255/35/19 (100Y..I think spec is 96Y),
|"The following tire you have selected has a higher load rating than the vehicle's Original Equipment (O.E.) tires. This typically results in increased ride harshness, which some customers may find undesirable."|
2. Is it an easy option to use 305/35/19 and 275/35/19 or are there other issues to consider (spacers, flux capacitors, etc..). I noticed someone had put 305s on the rear and commented that it reduced wheelspin from a launch.
Thanks again for any help...I have had the car for 1 yr now and just loving every minute.
06 M5, Black, Sports Leather/Seats, NAV, HUD, Wood Trim
1) CF Delete, 2) Surf Racks, 3) Valentine 1 hardwired (EXCELLENT INVESTMENT..knock on wood), 4) Ipod conversion
Areas being researched;
1) Laser Jammers; "Laser Interceptor", 2) Aftermarket Warranty
1. PDC Controller (spilling liquid in your trunk is expensive) $700
2. "Transmission Error"
a. Clutch Release Bearing $800 (my mechanic)
b. Clutch Position Sensor $900 (dealer)
c. 4 WEEKS DOWNTIME
4. "DSC Malfunction"
a. Code 2B16,
b. Reflash, with the following new codes;
c1. 5E19 DSC-Engine Management Interface,
c2. 271A DME-Vanos Control, Intake Bank 1,
c3. D35D DSC - No Message (LDM 419),
c4. D357 DSC - No Message (Gearbox 186)
d. Dealer replaces ABS/DSC Module $1950.53. Ineffective.
e. Dealer replaces Throttle Actuator Bank 2 (goodwill).
f. 10 WEEKS DOWNTIME
5. Yokohama Tires (4) $1000
6. Tune Up; $200 (my mechanic)
Remote Key Antenna, $500
Broken windshield (from hot-day-then-rain, not rock chip) $800