Holy smokes...I don't check this thread for a day or so and when I come back it's gone nuts.
Folks, let me reiterate a few points once again:
1. Nobody is saying this was a "fair" comparison (stock versus modded setup)
2. I'm not looking for "easy" prey and picking on stock cars to slap around
3. This impromptu comparison was done very ad-hoc immediately after our dynos to validate
my dyno numbers because they are perplexing
Can we get off the topic of "a chevy/gm can be modded for $5 and pull out 100 rwhp" discussion. We all know this folks. I personally know Fubar will go and have his car modded by this coming weekend probably
and bring an entirely new game face to the car meet next weekend and possibly show me a thing or two.
I'm not sure why, but whenever runs like this are posted the three most common comments are:
1. Congratulations to the winning car
2. How the losing car cannot be compared to the winning car because it was half price of the winning car + mods
3. For $5000 the losing car will be made into a NHRA drag qualifying funny car
Somehow this thread, which was meant to focus on the confusion and inadequacy of dynos for the stroker, turned into a pissing match and immature behaviour. I'm even amazed at how people from the same marque are getting shots in on each other and becoming defensive, rather than supportive.
Is this what the M5board has turned in to?