Hi, I just picked up my car yesterday from the dealer who reprogrammed it with the latest software version which the manager said was 31.2.
Looking at the three pages of programming that had to be done, I would guess there are some 30+ modules that had to be programmed and I would guess that half a dozen or so didn't take the upgrade (big "X" on the sheet next to them vs. a check-mark for those modules that successfully upgraded). The modules are all referenced by 3 letter acronyms making it completely greek to me as to what updated and what didn't.
The last time my car was reprogrammed was by the previous owner for an emissions recall in 2007.
I haven't noticed much different so far... I'll update this post with differences I find over the next couple of days as I use it more.
The strangest issue is that none of my confirmation options for locking/unlocking stick. As you know, under car settings, there are options for flashing the lights and chirping the alarm whenever you lock or unlock the car. I can see these settings in the iDrive but if I check any of them, they immediately uncheck on their own?!?!
Needless to say, I'll be taking this up with the SA next time I'm in.
Things I noticed: (to be updated as I find more)
- iDrive is more responsive moving between screens
- iDrive scrolls better - especially through multipage lists where I use to get a lot of resistance when the selector hit the bottom of the screen, now that's not so harsh and although there is some resisitance, it's not a much and the list scrolls a lot quicker and more smoothly beyond that point.
- All of my car settings (except for confirmation as noted above) were saved during the upgrade except for Vent settings and radio presets. However, the vent settings could have been messed with by the techs. I can't be sure. The radio presets were definitely wiped out. Nav address book was preserved. Bluetooth pairing was maintained.
- Some of my sat radio channels were no longer available. They appeared in the list of "All Channels" but did not have check marks so I could select them but would get the message to call Sirius. I called and they resent a signal to my radio correcting that.
- Oil level is showing that it's more than 1L down. They did drain the oil so I'm not sure if it's actually 1L down or the indicator is slow to update (which has been reported as an issue here elsewhere).
- TPS or whatever it's called in 2006 needs to be reset. I need to check the tire inflation and reset the computer.
More to come.