24th April 2009, 02:30
M5 Guru (>2000 posts)
Originally Posted by VTM5
I recently did this. Very Very simple.
1. Download v29.1 from (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PT4NNB58
) Link from X5 world.
2. Use WinRAR/Winzip to unzip the files.
3. User ISOULTRA to open the .mdf file and change the language (US to british english if you like)
4. Use IMGBURN to burn the modified or the normal files to a cd. Make sure you burn at x1 speed. Should take about 5-10 minutes max.
5. Go to the car, open the trunk and pop the navigation cd out. Leave the trunk open.
6. Open door, insert key and move to Ignition 1 position.
7. Go back to the trunk and pop in the cd you just burned and come back to the car and watch the screen, it will tell you its going to update and ask you accept i think. Accept and let the software load it will finish and say the system will reboot, let it reboot and come back up.
8. Once the system is up go to Settings and look at the upper right hand corner and make sure you have 4-1-91 i think. Thats the latest one.
9. Take boot cd out and pop the navigation cd in and you are good to go.
10. Go to settings and hold the menu button for 10 seconds it will take you to a navigation setup screen, keep scrolling down, there is an option called perspective mode on the second page (means you scroll down all the options you see first).
11. Select that and turn it on. Then hit menu, navigation and map. Now when you go to change the map view, you can chose either North, Travel Direction or perspective view.
Good luck, let me know if you have any problems.
The link no longer works...is the information still available for download? I'd like to upgrade my nav system as well.
Schmiedmann Blck Chrm Grills
AFE Power Air Filters
XPEL Protection Film
SlimmBones Finned Diffuser
CarbFib ACS-style Front Splitters
Mesh Fog Housings
Style 65 275/35/18 x 4