Hey guys. Sorry for the lond delay in response I have been busy and work takes most of my time. SO.... updates:
I have the car put back together and running have for months now, and it does very well. When going into the engine I had several head stud holes stripped, blown head gasket, stretched studs, and a few other minor issues. Never the less It's going again.
Since then I have had a couple more over heating problems, and now it needs a new clutch.
The over heating problem I solved by using a VSL M5 radiator, and an M60 water pump to eliminate the 240 degree head temp, now I run 202 on the crossover tube between the heads, which is where I placed my PLX sensor and my 4 wire DME temp sensor. I also added two Derale electric fans and fabricated my own aluminum shroud and mounted all this neatly. I have a few pictures I will find and post.
The clutch I have decided to go with is a UUC Dual Disk single mass set up, which I have been told they will be releasing soon (hopefully).
At the same time I replace the clutch, I am also going back into the engine, relacing bearings and all new gaskets along with putting titanium thread inserts for the head studs to make room for future plans..
After I do this I will assembly the engine back as is with the Vortech unit run it to make sure all is well, then I am building a custom manifold and mounting a Kenne Bell twin screw compressor atop this beast, and pushing slightly more boost and pushing us up to about 950 crank HP.
to answer a few questions, this engine does have an alpina crank since alpina used the single timing chain and it was going to be easier to make work. BUT, the alpina has the exact same stroke as the S62. So either you want to use will work.
And yes the injectors are from 5O performance, 779cc flow at 4 bar.
In the mean time this has been our other e39 project..