So i'm at the shop (MSR in Rahway) and just started to kick some ideas around with the X5 bushings that i ordered from world pac. yeah, they're suppose to be more study then the OE 540 ones and blah blah... buddy who runs the shop said: "hey, why not put some Polyurethane in the holes to make it stiffer?" it's just something he heard of ppl doing but he's never done it before: aka, i'm the guinnea pig here. i heard of doing this but never really done it myself. so i ran to home depot and got a tube of it and figure i'd give it a shot. now, i have filled the holes in the bushing (which is made of rubber) and it's drying now. i'll report back as to how they are since now it's a hybrid of a rubber and PU bushing. i'll get the stiffness of the PU and the vibration damping of the rubber. pics to come:
It's like pastry:
Close up for Mr. Deville:
Stop looking at my crotch, we are filling a bushing here!
Oooops!!! a little too much. always messy the first time around:
And there it sits... not really. i had to put it horizontally because it started to spill out underneath.
we'll see how it goes. going to get new arms and stuff since suspension is one of those things where if one goes, the others are on it's way so might as well do it all while you're there.
questions and comments (really need this because i really don't know if it's a good idea or not) welcomed.