7th March 2006, 11:04
Member, Sport: On DSC: On (>100 posts)
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Beaumont, CALI
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
MKIII NAV blank screen fix v23
If you own a MKIII and have these symptoms this fix (might ) correct it. fficeffice" />
Reasons Why this happened:
- Blank Screen with white lines top and bottom.
- Radio and CD changer works along with buttons to operate but music shuts off after 2-5 minutes. Can be powered on and same thing happens again music shuts off.
- CD is stuck in NAV.
Tools that you will need:
- You tried to upgrade to v26 with a hack splash screen or other non OEM files.
- You tried to upgrade and the cd was corrupted and stopped mid way.
- You replaced your battery and this happened.
- You changed your radio fuse and this happened.
- Unzip and extract all files to a destination you choose with WINRAR
- Open Alcohol 120% and select burn from image, hit browse and select the folder you extracted to. Then select the file with the extension CCD and hit next. You will notice that 3 files populate with about 250mb. Hit next to continue.
- Burn at 4x speed on a name brand disc, Memorex and better.
- Explore cd to verify that it is readable, do this a few times and make sure it recognizes quickly by your pc and test open and folders or sub folders.
- Go to your Beast and turn the key to the 2nd dial, make sure your stereo is off, remove key and close door.
- Open trunk, insert CD then CLOSE TRUNK.
- Go into the car and turn key to 2nd dial, Stereo should still be off.
- Leaving key as is, exit car and close door.
- You can wait but it is best to leave car behind for about 30-45mins and come back.
- If this works your system will read update complete press okay to reboot.
- I am free for lunch.
Your MKIII should have the newest version 3-1/63. This was a nighmare but just wanted to make sure members who encountered this has a step by step approach. Your NAV is not DEAD yet have faith and be patient.
2001 ///M5 Titanium Silver - Black Sport Interior
OEM TV tuner
DVD with memory card reader
Bluetooth integration with Voice Navigation
Britalman cold air intake
Bimmian brushed aluminum oil cap
Rogue Light Weight Fly wheel
Spec stage III clutch
Spec Stage III pressure plate
Rogue Short Shifter with WSR (weighted selector rod)
Britalman exhaust system (x-pipe and mufflers)
Carbon fiber rear diffuser
Vorsteiner GTR carbon fiber hood with Power Dome
Kamei eyelids top and bottom
Smoked tail lights
Temp relocation kit in front mesh grill
AA instake grill, Home Made editon with functional euro brake ducts.
Hamann fog covers utilizing functional cold air into engine bay.
AC Schnitzer roof spoiler
Carbon fiber silver/black roundels all around.
UUC CArbon Fiber Shift Knob
Hamann Racing pedals and dead pedal
Broadway Euro mirror 360 34inch
Carbon Fiber Center console
AC seat belt pads
European OEM xenons with angel eyes and clear reflectors
Bimmian Xenon High Beam
Piaa bright white fog lights
Xenon signals and reverse lights
Park distance control
Eibach front and rear anti-sway bar
Billstein PSS9 coilovers
Ground Control camber kit
Brembo 15’ 4 piston fronts cross drilled Grand Tourismo
Brembo 13.8’ 2 piston rear cross drilled Grand Tourismo
Dinan front strut tower brace (aluminum/carbon fiber with holes)
TC Design rear sway bar brackets
Rogue Transmission Mounts
Powerflex Polyurethane bushings for control arms and sways
Wheels and Tires
Maya EX2 wheels (20” x 10” rear and 20” x 9.5” front)
Pirrelli P-Zero Nero (275/30/20 rear and 245/35/20 front)