oh, well, thought there wasnt going to be an update from me, but this is important. if it freaked me out a little bit, i figure some of u might want to know. this has arisen over another post from cosioboy about the experiences of board members with the dinan 20% rebates.
so, being the nut that i am, i just called bill asquith, and i have told him he will be quoted on this board.
some of these are particular to me, but some will be of general interest to those of us who forked over
1. regarding the rebate form: since the new form references the NEW program, ie, 10% from apr to jun, bill said to simply encirle the date of purchase on your invoice, which will tell them what rebate program we're under. IT WILL BE VERY HELPFUL AND INSTRUCTIVE TO INCLUDE A WELL-WRITTEN AND CLEAR COVER LETTER TO AVOID ANY CONFUSION. make copies of what you send.
it'll be nuts for me, as i have to do 3 of them: s/c, diff, exhaust on 1 invoice, stage 3 susp on 2nd invoice, throttle body and strut brace on 3rd!!!
2. regarding the "must be installed" clause: while this is in the new rebate form, it was NOT in the original 20% rebate form. btw, i found a link to on another thread here...Dinan software question
reason: apparently, some have already received their rebates and have CANCELLED their orders. i can understand their position on that. while i want my rebate now, i guess all i want to make sure is i will get it in a reasonable amount of time.
3. proof required for #2: either need a photo or invoice of installation. BILL SAID IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER WHO INSTALLS IT, WHETHER AN AUTH DEALER, YOURSELF, OR AN INDY THAT IS NOT A DINAN DEALER. it just has to be installed.
4. regarding ORIGINAL receipts: in my case, bms has only emailed me mine. per bill, i can just print it out, as i said - i'll print out a nice colored copy of the pdf file that was sent to me. of course, originals are preferable, but apparently NOT mandatory. check with whoever u bought from - because i know and have confirmed that worst case, dinan has my order on their system on the correct dates.
5. regarding purchases made AFTER 3/31 (20% deadline): i bot my stage 3 susp at savage during their dinan roadshow on april 1. bill personally approved (as he did for everyone there) that purchases that day will be squeezed into the 20% rebate category. he said it will be plain to them when they see the savage receipt, BUT AGAIN, ATTACH A COVER LETTER STATING THAT FACT!
6. deadlline for rebate submission of 4/15, esp for the 20% rebate: due to the overwhelming response, and subsequent backorders, bill said they are NOT holding anyone to the 4/15 deadline. instead, he suggested to just turn in everything: invoice, cover letter (if u want), proof of installation, AFTER everything is done, sent in together. ...submit at the same time.
7. bill was kind enough to provide some kind of eta for my different parts. for that, i needed to have the diff po's. i believe most shldnt take forever...
-exhaust, anytime now, to be shipped out.
-s/c and diff: estimated ship date is 5/12.
that puts my countdown at 32 days. oh well.
any questions? back tonight. laaaaaaaaatttttttttteeeeeeeee tonight.