Yesterday, the car went over to BPC in Raleigh to get the exhaust welded up (simple adaptation of the pre-TU 540i cats and the 530i rear section for now). I'll do a proper dual exhaust with the M5 cats I got from Adam later when I have the M5 rear bumper painted and installed, but for now this works and was cheap ($100 or so).
My "M5" is trying to get its inspiration from a F10 M5 getting it's block sleeved for more power.
Also needed an alignment since I installed all brand new steering and suspension components and didn't have a reference to go by and we swapped the steering column as well. Unfortunately, when we installed the new steering column, we didn't get it perfectly lined up with the steering wheel, so the toe is maxed out on one side. I'll have to remove the column from the steering wheel again and reconnect it, then adjust the tie rods to match and possibly have another alignment done. I'll also be installing M5 brakes and the M5 rear Konis I have that didn't get done this weekend, all before it's first HPDE. I also need to get the AC recharged, which will hopefully happen in the next day or two, because it's still super hot and humid here.
Last night, I drove it from Raleigh to Charlotte to get it back home and it drove perfectly, with no weirdness or issues. I kept it around the speed limit and listened and smelled for any strange odors or sounds, but it was fine. I'll just say, there is no CEL, no DSC error, no brake warnings, no ill messages at all, except for the right turn signal light I forgot to reconnect when putting the headlight back in and now the connector is stuck. I'll get that fixed shortly. I also have a strange buzzing coming from the glove box area, but I think it's how I wired up the ebox fan. I admit I hadn't really thought it through that well, but since the 530i has a 3 wire ebox fan with a temp sensor in the ebox, I cut one of the locking tabs on the 2 wire plug on the M5 harness and just plugged it in how it would fit. I'm guessing that it's the issue, so I'm hoping to get a M5 fan from Adam shortly. We also stripped one of the axle bolts when torquing them down, so I need another one and the subframe bolts we expected to use to bolt it to the body weren't correct, so I'm also getting a full set of new bolts. The ones we put in work fine and were properly torqued, but just for safety sake, I'll swap them for the correct ones.
So far so good guys!