30th July 2012, 23:26
M5 Expert (>4000)
Originally Posted by jselig
Okay Im 99% sure you will not like this. I have had many exhaust combos.
1. SS headers+OEM cats+Rouge x-pipe with resonators+ Essiemann race= Sounds awesome. May be a tad loud for some.
2. SS headers+OEM cats+Rouge x-pipe with resonators+ SS Magunums=A bit louder than stock but sounds pretty good.
3. SS headers+OEM cats+Stock resonator+ No mufflers= Sound really nice. Hands down the best bang for the buck. About as loud as no.1 but sounds very different.
4. SS headers+No Cats+Rouge x-pipe with resonators+ Essiemann= Also sound awesome but way too loud esspesially at 80mph.
5. SS headers+No Cats+Rouge x-pipe with resonators+ SS Magunums=Just a bit quieter than with the Essiemanns also loud on the hwy at 80mph.
6. SS headers+No Cats+Rouge x-pipe with resonators+ Stock cans= Just a bit louder than stock but much deeper sounding. Very good comprimise for me. LOVE IT! (My current set-up)
Conlusion is removal of the cats makes things much louder, esspesially on the hwy. Do one or the other. Cat delete or muffler delete.
Can you please define "Rouge x-pipe with resonators"?
Is that a Rouge x-pipe with a built in aftermarket resonator, or is that a Rouge x-pipe with the STOCK resonators still in the system?
~ RMS Stage 2 SC Kit with a Fabtech-Performance Heat Exchanger
2001 Jet Black/Executive Black///M5 ("M CINCO") current mods and accessories:
~ Complete aftermarket stereo system w/Alpine INA-W910/PXA-H800, Rear Camera, Hybrid Audio Technologies L831 speakers
~ UUC V12 clutch kit with segmented kevlar clutch disc
~ Custom crank case ventilation system
~ Cutsom dual electric radiator fan set up
~ BIP headers and decat pipes
~ Muffler delete with ///M5 - MCINCO etched "Timmay Tips" LOL
~ Dinan 3.45 rear differential
~ Remote oil thermostat/Setrab oil cooler
~ (4) Dinan 18x9.5" wheels ~ Stoptech slotted rotors and Centric Posi Quiet Pads
~ BC Racing coil overs (10k/8k) ~ Powerflex thrust arm & inner track arm bushings ~ Dinan RSB ~ Beastpower RSB brackets
~ Slimmbones finned rear diffuser, XL fog light covers, trunk spoiler, and front lip spoiler.
Tim ~ email: t.hallman77 @ yahoo (dot) com