Racing Seats? - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 1998-2003 Advertiser's Forum

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 11th November 2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
amg destroyer
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Racing Seats?

Does anyone have racing seats (Pole Position, etc) in the m5? Any pics? I've always had them in the past cars I've tracked and was wondering if anyone has them in the M.

Thanks!
amg destroyer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 Old 11th November 2009, 10:57 PM
wilsodh
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
wilsodh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 6,924
Thanks: 927
Thanked 859 Times in 461 Posts
A lot of examples. Have you tried a search? Most recent was member herrubermensch (Peter), who posted some pix a couple days ago.

Dave

'00 Royal Red/black/walnut M5
100% options, angel eye upgrade

'El Diablo'
’00 Black/black DA s/c M5
Carrillo rods, Arias pistons,
Schrick cams, Vortech T-trim,
Supersprint headers/exhaust,
UUC, Koala driveshaft/differential,
Dinan Stage 3 suspension, Brembo
~Built by Shadowman & Black M5~
wilsodh is offline  
post #3 of 20 Old 13th November 2009, 04:17 AM
WantAnM5
Member, Sport: Off DSC: On (>50 posts)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Grosse Pointe, MI
Posts: 87
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
WantAnM5 is offline  
post #4 of 20 Old 10th May 2015, 12:58 AM
BMWAZ
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
BMWAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: AZ
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Garage
BMW AG Motorsport
Factory BMW Race car Recaro race seat available
Attached Images
   

Last edited by BMWAZ; 10th May 2015 at 05:20 AM.
BMWAZ is offline  
post #5 of 20 Old 10th May 2015, 01:54 AM
herrubermensch
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
herrubermensch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Age: 49
Posts: 7,610
Thanks: 4,404
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAZ View Post
BMW AG Motorsport
Factory BMW Race car Recaro race seat available contact Herschel Brewer of Scottsdale Motorsports LLC.
Made specifically for the E39?

Are you a board sponsor, as your sole goal seems to be advertising for a particular vendor?

--Peter

The Beast
2001 E39 M5 LeMans Blue with Black/Blue Sport Interior and Titanium Trim with some great mods and a blown, balanced and blueprinted S62

Last edited by herrubermensch; 10th May 2015 at 01:54 AM.
herrubermensch is online now  
post #6 of 20 Old 10th May 2015, 05:18 AM
BMWAZ
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
BMWAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: AZ
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Garage
BMW AG Motorsport never raced the M5 V8 street car as a works car. But they did race other cars and this is the factory race seat used in the BMW AG Motorsport works team PTG E46 M3 GT. I'm sure if you have some talent this could be retrofitted into a street car M5, if your going to race it don't forget to roll cage it. I'm sure the boys at Wiechers Sport can get you an FIA approved roll cage for your street car chassis. Are you planning on racing your E39 M5 Peter?

Last edited by BMWAZ; 10th May 2015 at 05:54 AM.
BMWAZ is offline  
post #7 of 20 Old 10th May 2015, 04:37 PM
herrubermensch
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
herrubermensch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Age: 49
Posts: 7,610
Thanks: 4,404
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAZ View Post
BMW AG Motorsport never raced the M5 V8 street car as a works car. But they did race other cars and this is the factory race seat used in the BMW AG Motorsport works team PTG E46 M3 GT. I'm sure if you have some talent this could be retrofitted into a street car M5, if your going to race it don't forget to roll cage it. I'm sure the boys at Wiechers Sport can get you an FIA approved roll cage for your street car chassis. Are you planning on racing your E39 M5 Peter?
You are clearly new to the board! I'm all set. Was just curious as to whether there were some E39 M5 specific parts you were hawking.

--Peter

The Beast
2001 E39 M5 LeMans Blue with Black/Blue Sport Interior and Titanium Trim with some great mods and a blown, balanced and blueprinted S62
herrubermensch is online now  
post #8 of 20 Old 10th May 2015, 06:38 PM
BMWAZ
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
BMWAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: AZ
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Garage
New to the board yes but not to BMW AG Motorsport and BMW Classic. In fact the only thing offered for the BMW E39 M5 from the factory race department would be for the S62B50 v8 engine, race camshafts. Cool story on these cams after BMW AG Motorsport pulled out of the 2001 ALMS series with its winner v8 P60B40 E46 M3 GTR/GT2 race cars corporate decided not to return for 2002. BMW works team Schnitzer Motorsport returned to Europe to continue racing the P60B40 E46 M3 GTR in the European series but BMW works team PTG was ordered not to compete in the 2002 ALMS. So with the race cars ready to race with the newP60 v8's they removed these prototype engines and returned them to BMW. Owner of the BMW PTG team decided to use the S62B50 street car M engine and modify this motor for race duty changing a lot. BMW AG Motorsport helped with these factory cams the rest was BMW works team PTG engine builder Chris Fletcher who installed a custom dry sump, along with some other secret PTG mods to produce a maximum 558hp. For the record Schrick camshafts had never been used it was always the BMW AG Motorsport 280 inlet and 272 exhaust. Once the engines had been completed PTG installed them into BMW Motorsport numbered works E46 race car roll caged chassis with carbon fiber wide body kit, sold to private teams to race in the GRAND-AM series in 2002. Peter if your looking for these BMW AG Motorsport camshafts let me know.
BMWAZ is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWAZ For This Useful Post:
gsfent (10th May 2015)
post #9 of 20 Old 10th May 2015, 06:55 PM
rao
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 5,724
Thanks: 155
Thanked 1,265 Times in 883 Posts
If only there was a way to buy BMW AG Motorsport parts in the US

If you find this post unsatisfactory, please add me to your Ignore List so you will not be disappointed again in the future.

---> http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/pro...?do=ignorelist

Rob

Current - 98 540i with Chevy 6.6 LS2/T-56 power - Build Thread
Old - 92 325i with Chevy 6.6 LS2/T-56 Power
Older - 95 M3 with Chevy 6.6 LS2/T-56 Power
rao is online now  
post #10 of 20 Old 10th May 2015, 08:22 PM
herrubermensch
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
herrubermensch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Age: 49
Posts: 7,610
Thanks: 4,404
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAZ View Post
New to the board yes but not to BMW AG Motorsport and BMW Classic. In fact the only thing offered for the BMW E39 M5 from the factory race department would be for the S62B50 v8 engine, race camshafts. Cool story on these cams after BMW AG Motorsport pulled out of the 2001 ALMS series with its winner v8 P60B40 E46 M3 GTR/GT2 race cars corporate decided not to return for 2002. BMW works team Schnitzer Motorsport returned to Europe to continue racing the P60B40 E46 M3 GTR in the European series but BMW works team PTG was ordered not to compete in the 2002 ALMS. So with the race cars ready to race with the newP60 v8's they removed these prototype engines and returned them to BMW. Owner of the BMW PTG team decided to use the S62B50 street car M engine and modify this motor for race duty changing a lot. BMW AG Motorsport helped with these factory cams the rest was BMW works team PTG engine builder Chris Fletcher who installed a custom dry sump, along with some other secret PTG mods to produce a maximum 558hp. For the record Schrick camshafts had never been used it was always the BMW AG Motorsport 280 inlet and 272 exhaust. Once the engines had been completed PTG installed them into BMW Motorsport numbered works E46 race car roll caged chassis with carbon fiber wide body kit, sold to private teams to race in the GRAND-AM series in 2002. Peter if your looking for these BMW AG Motorsport camshafts let me know.
I'm familiar with the story and of course know of and have spoken to Chris at Fletchermade Horsepower. I may be interested at some point, but all the Dinan DP motors (and other high HP Dinan customer S62 builds) employed Schrick cams, albeit not the 268 duration grinds available in the aftermarket, and I have access to the cam specs if I want them. Would be interesting to compare and contrast. Maybe the custom Schrick grinds copy the BMW AG Motorsport grinds. When I do a NA race build, I will dig into these issues deeper than I have so far.

--Peter

The Beast
2001 E39 M5 LeMans Blue with Black/Blue Sport Interior and Titanium Trim with some great mods and a blown, balanced and blueprinted S62

Last edited by herrubermensch; 10th May 2015 at 08:23 PM.
herrubermensch is online now  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking into some premo racing seats for the beast...Sparco's looks good Apples E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 22 24th April 2014 09:20 PM
Anybody replaced front seats with competition seats? Cool Cat E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 14 13th October 2009 08:58 AM
Anyone have Corbeau Racing Seats? herrubermensch E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 1 11th March 2009 01:23 AM
Pictures: Active seats menu on the I-drive (4MA M Multifunction Sports Seats) Gustav E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 8 1st September 2005 05:58 PM
Switching Sport Seats for Comfort Seats '01 M5 RT E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 1 8th January 2004 09:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome