Join Date: Sep 2005
Thanked 2,093 Times in 1,304 Posts
BMW iBus hack program - NavCoder
I have no affiliation to the programmer nor to the builder of the USB interface.
As always, just sharing great info when I find them.
Finally, one guy wrote a program that can tap into the BMW iBus and users are now able to reprogram navigation computers and other iBus devices!
Trips to the stealer to do recoding can now be done at home!
Its called NavCoder.
It's compatible with E46 3 series, E39 5 series, E38 7 series, X5, Z4, Mini, etc.
Top level features:
(Note: This is all based on what I have read so far on the X5world and the NavCoder website. I have not tried the program yet as I am still waiting for my USB interface order to arrive.)
With the software, we need a USB iBus interface to plug in to the beast from PC / Laptop.
Software and iBus interface is made in Europe and costs about $90.00 total. (Software is free but registration code costs around $60.00. This fee pays for the programmers time invested to create the program.)
I will post updates once I've tried the program.
- Scan the iBus and retrieve information on every connected device (audio system, telephone, air condition, navigation, lights, etc.)
- Pull service information, last service data, etc.
- Code light control module and switch off individual light bulb warning messages! No more load resistors or light out fault messages!
- Code the navigation computer and set any settings you like (languages, adjust split screen mode, change region settings, everything!
- Code TV, TV in motion, change back up camera to NTSC to PAL.
- Code Bluetooth telephone module, enable voice recognition, speed dependent volume, etc.
- View iBus info in real time.
- Read fault codes, etc.
Evolve ECU Tune, Tubi Rumore exhaust, BBS RGR rims; Polk Audio Tweeters, 5500K Osram Cool Blue HID,Valentine 1 Radar Detector; Laser Interceptor Laser Jammer; All LED interior lights, LED footwell lights, LED trunk lights, Ultimate Cup Holders, 3rd brake light LED flasher, ash tray delete; LED license plate lights; RPI Ram Air Scoops + Block off plates; BMC Air Filters.......
Last edited by whatheheck; 22nd February 2009 at 04:36 PM.