thanks for your feedback and comments, all great.
@AseanAero - PM me and il give you the contact details in aus of some of the best guys i know who carry some of the most weird and wonderfull s38 stuff you can find locally,
@crowdaddy and Bondy - correct the extra ponies are definitely making me crazly lol. I just orders a set of brand new 3.8 ring brakes from bm de front and rear. Those floating rotors are just so damn sexy, IMHO looking way ahead of there time and look about a million times better than brembo. So extra ponies = crazy, damn straight, lol. In all honesty getting the totally wrong answers from ppl why claim to have done things is just so frustrating, but oh well. thats life.
@DiegoR - If your making 320rwhp with chip and cats on 3.8, if wonder what will happen if you delete airpump and ac? My car is euro 3.6, no cats, no air pump or a/c, running like **** and its making 289 rwhp. I wonder what will happen once i do correct tune and proper exhaust. We will see. Of course more dyno runs will follow and this thread will be updated with true results. Im guessing will be somewhere close to your power which wont be bad for 3.6, fingers crossed.
@Sub8 - Your a legend mate. That's for the advice, i'll check it all our and update how i went on it. What your saying definitely makes sense andg should be tested as you advised. Very much appreciated. (i even have a new TPS sitting around which was never fitted)
@Alan Archer - Alan, lets give DiegoR the benefit of the doubt. He does have a chip and no cats however a dyno graph would be nice
If i were you and i owned a 3.8 making 272 rwhp in great condition and i saw a post like this on a 3.6, no cats or air pump making 291, well, you know what i would be doing. Go for it mate, its a no brainer.
@Tomba - You not being convinced certainly does confuse me, but does not suprise me either. Incase you missed it, let me state the facts again.
- Standard 3.6, with factory cats and factory everything. Dyno Graph above = 249 rwhp
- change cats to 100 flow = 2 rwhp gain
- remove cats + air pump gear and ac comp = ~ 40rwhp gain.
- Dyno SAME - Temp, atmostphere, colour of sky, maybe even day of the week ? = Same Each time.
Your Comment "I know that when you unbelt the smog pump (and A/C if present) the engine runs better but 40bhp at the wheels?"
- If you think removing the air pump restriction is simple a matter of removing the belt, i suggest you should take another look at the air pump system and all the gear that surrounds it and how it works. It should be pretty obvious to you.
Im sorry the above facts, dont convince you, as far as im concerned the results could not possibly be more obvious hence i went to the trouble of going the extra length.
@inertia8 - i know what your saying re cats however please dont forget, standard cats = 249rwhp, changed to high flow brand new cats gained a dismal 2 rwhp. Dumpbed cats, air pump and ac = ~ 40 rwhp gain. Mate, the dyno does not lie. Nothing else changed and the care didnt do 500km of driving between all 3. AND its still running like **** (AFR wise)
@davidoli - hmm, damn. Does it go close ? what do you get ?
All in all guys, i cant wait to
- get the supersprint front cat delete muffler and center exhaust section
- and mate it with the eisenmann real race 83 mm. That should really be exciting and sound like something special. I could be wrong, but i have never seen this done before. The esienmann is made to fit factory center, however i supersprint center is made ONLY for supersprint rear muffler, so might be a little work joining, but cant be too hard. Does anybody know if it has been done ?
(i'll dyno again at that point)
- then i'll do both cams, injectors, maybe port TB to 50mm (more like probably
- WILL definitely NOT touch intake manifold or airbox, apparently they are perfect ?
---- The only thing im really stuck with is, the Tune. Im really stuck in 2 minds.
On one hand i dont want aftermarket computer, however obviously with all above it needs proper tune to make everything work the way it should (especially cams). So do i go aftermarket computer and tune OR have someone really good tune factory edu. Does anybody know or have experience with anyone who can help?
If anyone can chime in on there experience would be greatly appreciated. I plan on seing this through the whole way, with dyno results every single time and hopefully can help others achieve same results which so far, ~40 rwhp for $80 and few hours work aint bad at all.
im very happy.