Bmw Car Track Day-6th december @ brands - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
E34 M5 Discussion 1988-1995 Sedan and Touring

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 23rd November 2007, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
pfinucane
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
pfinucane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: South Ockendon Essex
Posts: 215
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Bmw Car Track Day-6th december @ brands

Hi,

I am considering doing this and wonder if anyone else is up for it ?

Also as a trackday virgin I wonder what wear & tear I can expect from the day ?

Paul

1991 3.6 Mauritius
pfinucane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 23rd November 2007, 09:52 AM
shuggy47
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
shuggy47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Paisley, Scotland
Posts: 203
Thanks: 8
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Would love to as a fellow "trackday virgin" but unfortunatley i don't think my M5 is currently up to the job - needs some bush/wheel bearing work done planned for the new year.
shuggy47 is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 23rd November 2007, 10:11 AM
illjah
M5 Guru (>2000 posts)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 2,762
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfinucane View Post
Also as a trackday virgin I wonder what wear & tear I can expect from the day ?
hi paul!

all depends how you drive it! After all your car has been on two wheels at Bedford in the previous owners hands and is still fine! have you checked if there is still gravel under the t-star covers?

Obviously you'll get tyre wear, and you'll eat thru a chunk of pad material, but as long as you do plenty of cool down laps, and drive within your limits, there shouldn't be much else to worry about.

Obviously driving a car hard will always increase its chances of something going wrong, but as long as you have given your car the once over before hand, and ensure all fluids/consumables/suspension components etc are good then you should be fine.

last fling with Mauritius Maria is it?
illjah is offline  
post #4 of 17 Old 23rd November 2007, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
pfinucane
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
pfinucane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: South Ockendon Essex
Posts: 215
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by illjah View Post
hi paul!

all depends how you drive it! After all your car has been on two wheels at Bedford in the previous owners hands and is still fine! have you checked if there is still gravel under the t-star covers?

Obviously you'll get tyre wear, and you'll eat thru a chunk of pad material, but as long as you do plenty of cool down laps, and drive within your limits, there shouldn't be much else to worry about.

Obviously driving a car hard will always increase its chances of something going wrong, but as long as you have given your car the once over before hand, and ensure all fluids/consumables/suspension components etc are good then you should be fine.

last fling with Mauritius Maria is it?
Cheers Alan,yep-kinda last fling.

When I take her out on the track I will drive her very conservatively,putting no stress on important components,hopefully wont shag the syncro in fourth or run out of petrol & I def wont get the back end out-just like your test drives mate .I would be surprised if I get her over 30 tbh-bit like driving miss daisy.

In your stack of wheels you dont have something cheap n cheerful suitable for a trackday ?

Paul

1991 3.6 Mauritius
pfinucane is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 23rd November 2007, 10:55 AM
M3M5M6
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 37
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
BMW Car Track day

Hi Paul,

Would love to see Mauritius Maria at Brands, but the day is actually fully booked with a few on a waiting list, too.

Provided the day's a success we'll be looking at doing some more days in 2008.

Cheers

Bob
M3M5M6 is offline  
post #6 of 17 Old 23rd November 2007, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
pfinucane
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
pfinucane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: South Ockendon Essex
Posts: 215
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3M5M6 View Post
Hi Paul,

Would love to see Mauritius Maria at Brands, but the day is actually fully booked with a few on a waiting list, too.

Provided the day's a success we'll be looking at doing some more days in 2008.

Cheers

Bob
dammit-i was really beginning to look forward to that as well--you sure there is not space for a little one Bob ?

Paul

1991 3.6 Mauritius
pfinucane is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 23rd November 2007, 11:14 AM
M3M5M6
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 37
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
As far as I know we're completely full, but you could always give Brands a call.

Cheers

Bob
M3M5M6 is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 23rd November 2007, 12:03 PM
Jon Baker
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Jon Baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hertfordshire
Age: 37
Posts: 1,263
Thanks: 51
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Paul,

Trackdays.co.uk have an open pitlane trackday on the 8th December up at Donnington park if you are interested. There is still availability at the moment as far as I am aware.

Myself, Peter Pan will be there with our M5's and I have had a few maybe's from other board members.
Jon Baker is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 23rd November 2007, 02:47 PM
davidoli
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 7,447
Thanks: 1,079
Thanked 675 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfinucane View Post

In your stack of wheels you dont have something cheap n cheerful suitable for a trackday ?

Paul
Hi Paul ,

i've got a set of coverless E34 M5 wheels with polished rims and decent Silverstone track day rubber already on them . 2 will fit in the boot and 2 on the back seats . call me if you are interested .

D

Better a day as a tiger than a lifetime as a sheep !

91 Sebring 3.6 | E28 UK RHD M5 | E34 UK RHD 3.8 | E34 M5 Touring | E24 M635CSi UK RHD

www.classicmdautos.co.uk
davidoli is online now  
post #10 of 17 Old 23rd November 2007, 03:02 PM
Mmm-Five
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Uranus
Posts: 3,431
Thanks: 27
Thanked 142 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidoli View Post
Hi Paul ,

i've got a set of coverless E34 M5 wheels with polished rims and decent Silverstone track day rubber already on them . 2 will fit in the boot and 2 on the back seats . call me if you are interested .

D
If you use the dog cover, then all 4 will fit on the back seat and won't move around, whilst adding to weight in the centre of the car rather than the rear
Mmm-Five is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW M6 Press Release no 1: World Debut of the new BMW M6 (short version). Gustav E63 BMW M6 Forum and BMW M6 Convertible | m6board.com 5 24th April 2010 08:07 PM
Complete BMW M6 Convertible Press Release in English and German (Short Version) Gustav E63 BMW M6 Forum and BMW M6 Convertible | m6board.com 7 23rd June 2006 04:27 AM
BMW M6 Convertible Press Release 1: Design, Body, Features. (in English and German) Gustav E63 BMW M6 Forum and BMW M6 Convertible | m6board.com 2 22nd June 2006 10:34 PM
Stereo, Sub, Woofer, DSP, Pin, Bass, Speakers V-10 4 Me E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 0 26th September 2003 07:54 PM
Nowack Tuning Report, The Truth (Long Version) CharlesW Most Memorable Threads' 44 30th November 2002 04:49 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome