6th December 2005, 10:32
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
Re: Sold My E28 M5 Today!
Here's my description of the car:
1988 BMW M5 High-Performance 4-door sedan with Dinan upgrades and recent $6,500 extensive service by Dinan! Handles like a stealth race car! BMW described this car as "A Nice, Practical 150-MPH Family Sedan"! Owned and maintained by BMW Car Club of America member and www.m5board.com enthusiast!
Originally Posted by GSM5er
If you don't mind disclosing - How many miles were on the car and how much did you get for it?
I asked and got $8,750 for this car.
- Three owners, all in northern California!
- Dinan Stage 3 Suspension (SLS retained)!
- Dinan Engine Chip!
- Inspection II and Extensive Service by Dinan in September 2004, including:
- Air Conditioning System Converted to Modern Freon
- A/C Compressor Replaced ($700)
- New Radiator ($835)
- All Cooling System Hoses Replaced
- Thermostat and Gaskets Replaced
- Self-Leveling System Shocks Replaced ($700)
- Crankcase Vent Hose Replaced
- Fan Blade Replaced
- Hella Foglamp Replaced
- New Battery
- Kenwood KRC-757 Cassette Receiver
- Nearly New (2001) Falken Ziex High Performance Tires (225/50VR-16) with less than 4,000 miles
- Serviced only by dedicated BMW specialist shops including Dinan, Sierra Performance, and Monterey Bay Motor Works
- Interior leather in good condition; driver's seat bolster shows some wear (canvas seat cover included)
- Paint in excellent condition with a few road chips in front
- Fuel gauge intermittent
- Clean Carfax Report
- BMW Noah Car Cover included