FOR SALE is a 2000 M5.
Black / Gray Sport Leather Interior
160125 miles at the moment
, will have a few extra miles put on
- I've had it for about 2 months, put under 400 miles since I purchased it.
- Bought it from a dealer in Peoria, IL and have no maintenance history on the car, only receipts for parts and maintenance I have done and you can visually see the new parts.
- I'm a BMW enthusiast and like to do most of the work myself that I am able to, and whatever requires special skills I leave it to the certified techs.
Reason for sale being I found a M6 that I'd like to purchase, I have a hard time passing on deals and changing recreational cars frequently
it's a problem... to my wallet. I do have a F150 for a daily and a M4 convertible for nice weather, so the M5 sits in the garage most of the time.
E-F-R series: E39
Power: 294 (400 hp)
Paint code: 425 - SILVERSTONE METALLIC
Upholstery code: O5SS - PRAEGELEDER/SILV
Dynamic stability control III
Side airbags for rear passengers
Tyre pressure control (TPC)
Chrome Line exterieur
Green windscreen, green shade band
Glass roof, electrical
Roller sun visor, rear lateral
Interior/outside mirror with auto dip
El. front seat adjustment w. memory
Lumbar support, driver and passenger
Seat heating driver/passenger
Headl.washer system/intensive cleaning
Park Distance Control (PDC)
Automatic air conditioning
On-board computer V with remote control
CD changer for 6 CDs
Battery master switch
On-board monitor withTV
Navigation system, Professional
Preparation f tel.installation universal
HiFi system Professional DSP
Provisions for BMW 6 CD changer
M sports steering wheel, multifunction
White direction indicator lights
Acoustic fasten seat belt reminder
Additional Export tank filling
Language version, English
Radio frequency 315 MHz
Dispatch protection pack
Control of number-plate attachment
The M5 came with these modifications:
1. Mufflers Deleted
2. Lowered on Springs (Red Springs, might be the B&G springs but I am not sure)
3. Tinted windows all around besides the windshield (small cut in rear drivers side window)
4. Front strut brace
5. Chrome 18" Style 65 staggered wheels with good tires
6. Brakes all look new - drilled and slotted rotors with new pads on all 4
List of things I did in the 2 months:
1. Oil Changed with 10W-60 LiquiMoly and OEM filter
2. Replaced both MAF's with newer units
3. Shark Injector Tune
- Euro Throttle, SAI coded out, 91 octane since not everybody can get 93
4. New windshield - car still had the original one that had rock chips and cracked seal
5. New aFe intake filters
6. New cabin filters
7. New stainless steel muffler tips - old ones looked out of place
8. Replaced the headlights lenses and adjusters - old lenses will come with the car
9. New black kidney grilles - OEM ones will included
10. LED corner lights - OEM ones included
11. Upgraded most of the interior light bulbs to LED
12. LED license plate lights - OEM ones included
13. New fog lights - OEM ones included
14. 7" Eonon GA6201 Radio, Android 5.1 Navigation/Bluetooth/USB etc. all modern features and new Sony amplifier wired in - OEM sound system components and stock Radio/NAV included.
15. New rear control arms, sway bar links, guide links
16. Alignment after the rear suspension parts installed
Now for the details on the M5:
- Body is pretty clean for the year and miles, no rust showing (behind gas door I can see some bubbles under the paint, but minimal)
- Paint is in good condition, top of rear bumper is fading, some rock chips on front end and mirrors, nothing out of the ordinary
- Interior is in good condition for the age and miles, no rips, no excessive wear
- Car runs and drives great, suspension seems to be pretty tight with no rattles or issues.
- Engine runs pretty smooth, VANOS are not too loud but from what I know the early models had the slightly louder units, I have a video for anybody that wants to hear it.
- Valve cover gasket on drivers side looks moist to the front of the engine and most likely will need to be changed in the future
- Tire Defect Light comes on occasionally but goes away
- No check engine light, no other warning lights
- Pixels on the LED display all there besides 1 row towards the middle
- Rear Back Up sensors work intermittently
- Clean and Clear title in my name, in hand.
- No accidents from CarFax history (I found an older listing of the car at 130k miles, owner claimed drivers fender was replaced because of his neighbor backed up into the fender)
- Clucth seems good, shifts through all gears and is still strong
I have the car posted for sale in a few different places, had a big debate on Facebook about certain aspects of the car, but PLEASE come see the car for yourself and make your own conclusion.
Welcome to take it to the BMW dealership for an Inspection.
Yes it does have 'higher miles" at 160k, but for 17 years thats ~9,400 miles per year, not that much for a driver M5.
Car runs and drives great, looks great, it's clean and no immediate investments needed.
This is my personal opinion on a 17 year old E39 M5 with the miles.
NADA has the car at Clean Retail for $11,700
Sale price I would consider a reasonable offer around $11,000
Although I do not agree with offers without seeing the car, I understand if somebody is not local and would like to make an offer.
Located in Champaign, IL 61820.
The 19" wheels in the pictures will not come with the car, but can be worked into the deal if desired.
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or message on the forum.