Member, P500 Sport, DSC off (>900)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Coast, CA
Thanked 136 Times in 105 Posts
Carbon Filter Delete
For those who care, some quick steps to remove the sock from the intake.
1. Loosen hose clamp on each filter intank.
2. Pull up on the intake filter, it is secured by 3 soft rubber grommets
3. Use torx bit and remove the 4 torx bolts from the middle of the filter housing.
4. Now it swings open and you can access the carbon filters.
5. Use a flat head screw driver and press on the three tabs that hold the filter in place. Work one at a time from left to right or vice versa. They just click in place.
You're done. Enjoy
"An on ramp is a terrible thing to waste"
Charcoal Filter Delete